blackhoused headlights, amber corners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blackhoused headlights, amber corners?

Okay I really like the look of the black-housed headlights with the full amber corners that some people here have. I DID read through the lighting writeups and searched a bit but still have many questions.
    I don't really understand what the benefits are of the JDM-stlye lights other than the one-peice styling with chrome. I don't care about buying seperate headlgihts and corners, as long as I can get the look I want without compromising the functionality of the lights.

Now, are non-JDM, US-spec blacked-housing headlights available rather than JDM blacked-housing so as to avoid the problems with the JDM RHD beam pattern? If so, can I just buy any non-JDM black-housed headlights from ebay?
    And as for the amber corners- do those only come in JDM style for the full-amber look? If so, will I have any problems installing them if I buy them? Much thanks.
    Last edited by phunkatek; 02-05-2006, 03:58 AM.

just do a diy, and blackhouse your usdm headlights, and you wont have the problem with the jdm flare, and those all amber corners, you wont have problems with them, they fit fine just make sure you get the ones for the year of your car

Comment

Originally posted by phunkatek

Okay I really like the look of the black-housed headlights with the full amber corners that some people here have.
      those are usdm headlights that have been blackhoused, with amber corners, purchased from places like ebay.

I DID read through the lighting writeups and searched a bit but still have many questions.
      I don't really understand what the benefits are of the JDM-stlye lights other than the one-peice styling with chrome. I don't care about buying seperate headlgihts and corners, as long as I can get the look I want without compromising the functionality of the lights.
      jdm style is not jdm.
      there is no benefit with jdm style lights.
      the benefit with jdm lights is that you have a jdm part (if you consider that a benefit).

Now, are non-JDM, US-spec blacked-housing headlights available rather than JDM blacked-housing so as to avoid the problems with the JDM RHD beam pattern?
      yes. it's called diy.

If so, can I just buy any non-JDM black-housed headlights from ebay?
      i suppose you could if they're available.

And as for the amber corners- do those only come in JDM style for the full-amber look? If so, will I have any problems installing them if I buy them?
      you seem to be infatuated with this "jdm style". the corners are designed for u.s. headlights, after all, they're just us corners with amber coloring.

synopsis:
      blackhousing has nothing to do with jdm.

you can diy blackhouse any headlight, usdm, jdm, or other:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=9922

amber corners are easily found and not jdm.
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...t=amber+corner

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

the jdm coupes actually had 2 piece headlights like the usdm...not sure if that anything to do with them being made in the us...? i just DIY'd my housings and got amber ebay corners. exactly what i wanted.

Comment

Working...
        X