Corner light bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corner light bulbs

OK, after a half hour of searching I decided to start a new thread. What are some good quality bulbs that you can recommend? I'm thinking about getting amber bulbs to go with my clear corners. I decided it was time to change things up a bit. My buddy here at work said NOT to get the ones they sell at places like Kragen because they are cheap and the paint will burn off.

Is ebay a good place to look? I really don't know where to start.

Help is appreciated!

P.S. Will I be attracting the law by doing this? I know it's illegal in some states.
    "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

As far as I understand it, amber is perfectly legal. Just don't go put clear or blue bulbs in your clear corners if you are worried about what the police will say.

The best amber bulbs I've used came with my Depo "JDM Style" coners I bought off ebay for my CD5. I have no idea what brand they were though, so I know this doesn't help you, but that's my only experience with the 194 corner bulbs.
    RIP:
    1993 Honda Accord LX 5spd Sedan [2005-2007]
    1994 Honda Accord LX 5spd Sedan [2001-2004]
    Currently daily:
    1990 Honda Accord EX 5spd Sedan [2012-Present]

Comment

i'm using pepboys 194 ambers for years and they holdup fine . there is no fading! the ones that sometimes come with clear corners are the ones that fade out. i'm pretty sure the ones that came with the Depo headlights will eventually fade, i'm sorry to say.

if you want to go clear, i HIGHLY suggest 3652 bulbs. they are 2x brighter than stock but they are clear and expensive. clear is good to match the headlights EXACTLY (if using oem bulbs). expensive is that it's almost $10 for just two. but dang are they bright!

and it is perfectly LEGAL to have clear colored corner lenses. DOT (department of transportation) regulations state that USDM cars must have front amber corner reflectors though. but who follows that now? i'm sure your local PD can't tell the difference. (but remember: i'm not responsible for your actions).
      1cor10:31
      - 92 LX coupe
      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

yeah im currently rocking amber bulbs in my clear corners right now, 1.97$ @ walmart for a pair, lol it works fine, have had no problems ever since... hmm not even sure but theyre holding up very well =) plus its only 1.97$/pair cant go wrong there
        Frost White CB7 Crew #28
        RIP cb7

99 taffeta white ej8

Comment

well i just bought some off ebay. i'm sure i overpaid, but whatever. i can't wait to install em. i'm so sick of the clear bulbs in the clear corners. too much white!
          "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

i got my amber bulbs from autozone. they were like $2 for a pair. they work fine. since u have clear corners, id use normal clear or blue bulbs. i think that amber corner lenses would look really good on ur ride tho. just change to amber ones, if you want, its your choice. keep it up!
            Raceline USA

Comment

Working...
            X