Dimmed Gauges Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimmed Gauges Problem

I just noticed that only my fuel bar, temp bar, and P D4 D3 2 etc. gauges are dimmer than my speedometer and rpm bars. Its only been 3 days being like this. Anyone know whats wrong? Thanks

maybe a bown cluster bulb. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

one of ur bulds is out

Comment

So Im gonna need to take off the dash and then cluster to get to the bulb? Also I noticed my car doesn't give me a warning ring when my headlights are still on with the car door open. Related?

Comment

Originally posted by 4thGen4dr
          So Im gonna need to take off the dash and then cluster to get to the bulb? Also I noticed my car doesn't give me a warning ring when my headlights are still on with the car door open. Related?
          the warning "ding" is possibly related..eletricity and car engineers work in funny ways..neways i wanted to put my $0.02 in and let u kno that the trouble you would go thru to get the dash out and change the bulb is worth it..bulbs from the factory have a lil blue sleeve on them which makes the gauge cluster have the bluish greenish look..i just replaced all my bulbs and didnt put the sleeves on the new ones..kinda cuz when i tried to pull the sleeves of the old ones they ripped..so i said screw it and put new ones in...and maaaaaaaaaaaan it is SO worth it..my dash has never looked so good man..i was contemplating putting in the reverse glow gauges..but i think this lil addition looks hella better i will have pix hopefully tonight even tho my interior is in pieces cuz i had trouble putting the trim piece back...but thats ok...ok im done writing the book..

it sux trying to take the center console off without damaging it...but the new ITR shift boot is well worth it..

SHO

Comment

getting the dash off is easy, but time consuming.

just gotta know where all the screws are :P

(taking the steering wheel off makes things much easier, though is not completely necessary)

one of my bulbs blew, so I got the ingenious idea to replace the bulbs with some colored LED's of the same type

using

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT

Comment

Originally posted by Phempa
              getting the dash off is easy, but time consuming.

just gotta know where all the screws are :P

(taking the steering wheel off makes things much easier, though is not completely necessary)

one of my bulbs blew, so I got the ingenious idea to replace the bulbs with some colored LED's of the same type

using

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT

Wow that looks great! Thanks for the tip. One question, what color were the stock bulbs in there before, just clear?

Comment

yes they are just clear with blue rubber sleeves on them...and that led bulb conversion is hot..im changing all my exterior and interior lights to led's as well...just changed my turn signals in the front to led..but need an electronic flasher cuz they hyperblink..if neones interested i can explain in more detail...just pm me...ill try and get pix of my gauge cluster tonight..i tried taking some few days ago but they were too blurry...so i will try again today..pe@ce love and chicken grease from the middle east...

p.s. i was talking abt center console as in to replace shift boot...yup..lol..

Comment

btw phempa..i think u overpaid at ebay.. better place to get led's is from superbrightleds.com..they are cheaper and carry everything u need...plus they have a fized rate for shipping 5 bux..i brought 36 bux worth of stuff from there last ight..only 5 bux shipping.i think it might be worth looking into.just trying to help people tight on money like me ... pe@ce love and chicken grease from the middle east

also 4thgen4dr..sorry dont kno ur name ..umm im not 100% sure abt this..but i dont think the car gives u a warning ding if ur headlights are on, the doors open and ur key is IN the ignition..but just in..not the RUN position..try it out see what happens..
                  Last edited by Sobeman81; 02-23-2006, 03:14 PM.

Comment

all the bulbs I got (which was a total of 10 bulbs) cost me no more than $15 shipped.

I don't think I overpaid.

and yes, the car is supposed to warn you if your headlights are on when the car is not. I think only when the car's off, and the door is open.

Comment

Did you end up purchasing 6 type 74 bulbs (1.4 watt) and 4 type 194 bulbs (3.4 watt)? I need to do this, 3 of mine are burnt out.....
                      1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

I needed three 194 type bulbs, and two 286 type bulbs

I ordered some extra for other places on the car.

Comment

Cool, I'm ordering mines right now.....
                          1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

15 bux..not bad..i ordered a board with 36 white leds on it..to use on in my dome light..along with single led amber for the corner lights...im gonna be ordering the stop lights and rear turn signals when i get my next paycheck...woo woo..led's are fun lol..pe@ce love and chicken grease from the middle east..

Comment

Working...
                            X