• Show
Clear All

I was going to get the bulbs from here

http://www.xtralights.com

They have a great warrenty etc.

I dunno though :-/

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
      Thanks, the one I am going with doesn't have any fuses. It's a hella HID kit w/ a rebased d2r bulbs since I'm keeping the stock housing. Here's a pic of it:

I'm going to splice the wires on my stock 9006 plug and install a fuse, how many amps do you think I should make the fuse? 20 amp? And what's the verdict on hella kits, are they really as bad as ppl say?

/end threadjack
      Those are actually OEM ballasts which, this one you have pictured, also has the igniter being external vs. being internal. The burners you use for that setup will have to be OEM rebased bulbs for a 9006 application. I think someone wrote a DIY on this forum for it.
      Either way though, weather you have that OEM ballast out of probably some Euro car or go with an HID kit like Maple bought, your luminosity has a direct affect based on the the burner's kelvin. Also, because both setups are used in OEM housing, they will have OEM cutoff and oem glare yet will be magnified although there will also be an increase in luminosity due to the typical qualities of HID.
      I cannot demean the HID kit mainly because it did what I wanted it to which was produce more usable light at a cheap price. It is not to be confused with a retrofit by any means, but it does issue more light than the 9006 bulbs in 4th gen. umpteen year old housing. It is a give and take situation with pros and cons on both. Back when I purchased my HID kit I could not afford a retrofit and thus was a cheaper alternative. So the big question is how much can you afford?

Maple, I do not recommend you waste money on the 8000K bulbs. Use what I sent you. If you are not content with that than decide on a different burner kelvin but don't go that high up. I wouldn't recommend anything higher than what Acch22 mentioned.
      "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Working...
      X