Better HID Output with Real JDM Headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better HID Output with Real JDM Headlights

I'm in the process of getting a pair of real JDM headlights and was wondering if just putting H4 HID bulbs with a belly shroud will work as good as doing a TSX retrofit. Im just trying to figure out it the difference of the TSX would be that much better cause of all the work required.
    1991 Black Accord Coupe
    Sprint Lowering Springs
    Neuspeed/Koni Sport Shocks
    Suspension Techniques Front and Rear Sway Bar
    17" Motegi DP6 with Bridgestone Potenzas
    TSX HID Retrofit with 4300K Bulbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/sthrnba711

An HID light source is designed to work best when carefully focused*. Since an H4 HID bulb is used in a reflector-type housing designed for halogen bulbs, it can't compete with an HID bulb that works with a housing designed for it.

Shields and things like that on the H4 HID bulb are a crutch that attempts to overcome the limitations of halogen reflector housings.

*Understand that focusing doesn't mean the same thing as aiming.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by Sthrnba711
      I'm in the process of getting a pair of real JDM headlights and was wondering if just putting H4 HID bulbs with a belly shroud will work as good as doing a TSX retrofit. Im just trying to figure out it the difference of the TSX would be that much better cause of all the work required.

nothing comes close to a projector retrofit.. nothing. the beam pattern, output of light, a H4 HID kit is a far second. trust me, i've got a H4 HID kit myself on my JDM CC2s and its more of a oooohh-ahhhhh factor. yeah it looks good, but the JDM lights angle the light pattern/beam more towards the left and its even more obvious when you throw on an aftermarket HID kit.
      5.6L V8 32V DOHC
      JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Get a Caspar shield...it'll cut off flare and give you a decent cutoff.

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

key word, "decent"
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

ok, this thread is useless, it's like comparing apples and oranges!! No comparison what so ever! Do the retro, you'll be happy in the end and so glad you did, TRUST ME, i learned the hard way and wasted money in the process.

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
            JDM H22
            Port n Polished Int Mani
            Bored TB, maxed
            MSD 6A
            I/H/E
            no cat
            [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
              Get a Caspar shield...it'll cut off flare and give you a decent cutoff.
              sorry to break it to ya, but uhmm....

NO, decent doesn't even do it justice.

93' Accord (Sold )
              JDM H22
              Port n Polished Int Mani
              Bored TB, maxed
              MSD 6A
              I/H/E
              no cat

Comment

Originally posted by Sthrnba711
                Buddy, I just noticed. You've been dealing with this since before July 2005, what problems are u having besides the rotation issue?

93' Accord (Sold )
                JDM H22
                Port n Polished Int Mani
                Bored TB, maxed
                MSD 6A
                I/H/E
                no cat

Comment

The H7 projectors ruined my D2S bulbs cause they werent meant for them. The insulation wire was completely broke in half and blew the bulb. Im in the process of gettting some TSX and just will put them my stock headlights. Im going to take my time and not rush it so hopefully this will be the last time I have to do this.
                  1991 Black Accord Coupe
                  Sprint Lowering Springs
                  Neuspeed/Koni Sport Shocks
                  Suspension Techniques Front and Rear Sway Bar
                  17" Motegi DP6 with Bridgestone Potenzas
                  TSX HID Retrofit with 4300K Bulbs
                  http://www.cardomain.com/id/sthrnba711

Comment

Working...
                  X