Projector Headlight updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Projector Headlight updates?

I've read all the bad reviews on the projectors from eBay. I know you guys are like us at e46fanatics, if you want something, you'll figure out how to make it work. I really like the looks of the projectors, especially the black. But I know the output sucks, you have to remove the lights to change the bulbs and so forth.

What I'm wondering is if anyone has "upgraded" these sucessfully to get good lighting. If so, what bulbs/upgrades did you do? Also, has anyone taken them apart?

Thanks for the help!

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
    Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

OK, so where's a good source for S2k projectors? Dunno, I'm planning on a headlight upgrade for my e46, I guess I could just take them out and use them..

Doesn't anyone make quality projector headlights for our cars?

My Cardomain

Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."

Comment

I got the projectors on my car, and their not as bad as everyone makes them out to be, but I will say that they're not as good as the stock headlamp output. Theres a guy on here that put a HID kit in his, and turned out pretty good, cant remember his name, but you can do a search and find it...Im gonna do the same one day. Also you DONT have to remove the headlight assembly just to change a bulb...Ive changed 2 and havent taken the projectors off since I put them on, but if you want to align them, then its almost a must to take them off, because of the placement of the adjusting screws. Let me know if you find any s2k headlamp assemblies, I wouldnt mind doin a conversion with those...
      Jay
      Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

I emailed a buddy of mine who can get headlights reasonable, or so he says, from wrecks. They would be from an e46 BMW and or a X5. I haven't heard back yet, but I'll keep you posted.

My Cardomain

Comment

Originally posted by akkordlayinkit
          Theres a guy on here that put a HID kit in his, and turned out pretty good,
          ask, and ye shall receive
          click here for info on hid kit w/ projectors

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

i'm still waiting on an answer from my friend in re: to the projectors. i read that info, which was both good and entertaining, and decided where there's a bill, there's a way.. yeah as in dollar bills.

Last edited by akrodha; 02-16-2004, 11:46 PM.

My Cardomain

Comment

i got a hookup on all types of projectors, S2K ones are not as easy to come for some people just because there not as available.. dunno why that is but.. s2k projectors are prolly one of the best. if not the best.. if you can get them do that.. i dont know how good the housings are going to look retrofitted with HID projecotrs because they will sit differently than the cheapo halogen projectors.

Comment

What's a deal? If it was a good enough deal, I'd just glass my headlights to fit the new projectors.. as in fiberglass. Just apply the same concept to the headlights as you would a glass speaker enclosure. I don't think it would be that hard, just the price of the headlight projectors would be my only concern.

Hit me with a PM or something if you know a price.

My Cardomain

Comment

Re: Projector Headlight updates?

Originally posted by akrodha

What I'm wondering is if anyone has "upgraded" these sucessfully to get good lighting. If so, what bulbs/upgrades did you do? Also, has anyone taken them apart?

I have a custom E46/TT OEM with colorshift set up in my stock housings. Couldn't be happier
                  well maybe with a A6 bi ece set up hehe

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
                  www.maketradefair.com

Comment

i can prolly nab u a pair of projectors. cant promise anything to but il let you knnow its prolly bout 150 for a set of em.. could be even cheaper, all depends.. gimme few days.

Comment

Originally posted by xplode
                      i can prolly nab u a pair of projectors. cant promise anything to but il let you knnow its prolly bout 150 for a set of em.. could be even cheaper, all depends.. gimme few days.
                      What kind?? Would I be able to fit them in my aftermarket projectors headlamps...what all does that include?
                      Jay

Comment

S2000 projectors.. you could retro somthin

Comment

FOR $150!!! You gotta hook me up...So let me get this right, you can get the actual s2k projectors, then I can get an aftermarket HID kit, and put all that into my 1-peice headlamps, correct? Do you have any pics of the s2k projector, and headlamp. Can you get the whole headlamp assembly?

Jay

Comment

Or just use the housings, one piece of course, and custom your own. It's not really that hard, it just takes patience, tools and creativity.

My Cardomain

Comment

ya.. pretty much only youl need D2S Based Hid kit because those are OEM hid bulb.

Comment

Working...
                              X