amber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amber

i wanted to know if there are any headlights that come with amber bulbs or if you could buy amber headlight bulbs. and if anyone has them are they decently bright

never seen them so i highly doubt it. prolly the closest you are going to get is those cheap foglights w/ amber lenses...IMO, those wouldn't look good anyways...

Comment

u mean amber bulbs instead of the white headlight bulbs? uhm they wouldn't come with them like that ever cuz thats totally illegal
      ~~~~~~~~~~1991 ExR alb F22a6~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Now are you referring to amber like corner lens kind of amber, or are you referring to yellow like foglight yellow?

Some high beam bulbs are available in yellow, and it is possible to put a yellow coating of paint on your reflector (see other threads in Appearance: Lighting) but as far as amber low beams goes, I've never heard of it, and wouldn't suggest trying to drive with amber headlights due to poor visibilty.
        Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
        2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
        2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
        2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

as a matter of fact i saw a hooked up accord the other night with (what it seems to be) APC projectors....It looks like he sprayed everything amber/orange....Looked nice but its for show purposes only.... I know he couldnt see shit that night cuz there was literally no light on the ground...SO NOT A GOOD IDEA!
          "The Fresh One"

Comment

I haven't tested the night vision out yet but I have a 95 Accord that I opened up the headlights and pianted the highbeam housing amber. The amber is the same color amber as the corners and the bumper lights. It looks nice since it's burgandy and when they're on they look really nice paired with the 9005 cool blue conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dzaccord
              I haven't tested the night vision out yet but I have a 95 Accord that I opened up the headlights and pianted the highbeam housing amber. The amber is the same color amber as the corners and the bumper lights. It looks nice since it's burgandy and when they're on they look really nice paired with the 9005 cool blue conversion.

painted your housing amber...

Comment

Any time you put a coating on the bulb/reflector you lose usable light output...its inevitable. A silverstar for example overdrives the filament to get mroe output to comepensate. However, its still a thin coating. To get a truly amber headlight you'd need a darker coating which would kill your output.

Most people only mess around with their high beams since they're not constantly driving with their high beams on. I personally wouldn't mess with amber on a low beam. You could always do a DIY city light mod, with amber LED's. Michalob did a DIY on city lights awhile back on his high beams. Check it out.

Comment

Working...
                X