highbeam/DRL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

highbeam/DRL

anyone here know how to wire up the headlights similar to DRLs? this means that the highbeam bulbs are on ONLY at half wattage and not at full strength. it would blind people if on at 100%(duh!). i prefer a method of not purchasing a DRL kit if possible. i challenge those who are electrically inclinded to do this.
    1cor10:31
    - 92 LX coupe
    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Re: highbeam/DRL

Originally posted by timmy0tool
    anyone here know how to wire up the headlights similar to DRLs? this means that the highbeam bulbs are on ONLY at half wattage and not at full strength. it would blind people if on at 100%(duh!). i prefer a method of not purchasing a DRL kit if possible. i challenge those who are electrically inclinded to do this.
    That would be sweet. I was thinking maybe like a 2nd gen teg/ TL sorta deal with the yellow drl's

any help would be appreciated

thanks

My members ride thread

Comment

this was made by someone on superhonda but i forgot who

see they use 2 500 ohm resistors to lower the power to the bulbs and the constant is from another source.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
        this was made by someone on superhonda but i forgot who

see they use 2 500 ohm resistors to lower the power to the bulbs and the constant is from another source.
        if i have time and a little cash and a switch ill do this...

MMmmmM hallo projectors or angel eyes for DRL!!!! OMFG that would be bad ass
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

get jdm headlights and do it the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by fr0zen
            get jdm headlights and do it the right way.
            whats that supposed to mean... jdm has nothign to do with DRL..

Comment

Originally posted by xplode
              i think instead of tapping into the high beams and cutting wires, jdm has 3 spots for light, low...high..and DRL...that way u wont have to tap into the high beam at all and just run a new line for the DRL...

if not then im dumb =)

Retro!

Hater

Comment

jdm has a lot to do with DRL seeing as the jdm headlights actually have DRL in them.

Comment

o. i didnt know that.. good point frozen

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                    i think instead of tapping into the high beams and cutting wires, jdm has 3 spots for light, low...high..and DRL...that way u wont have to tap into the high beam at all and just run a new line for the DRL...

if not then im dumb =)
                    jdm headlights have two housings. the inner housing is for the DRL and the outer is a dual filament (hi/lo) headlight housing.

the original hi and lo beam wires go into the dual filament housing in the jdm headlights.

Comment

ahh i thought the outside was just single filament H4 that only used low beam.. good info bro

Comment

ahh i thought the outside was just single filament H4 that only used low beam.. good info bro
                        a lot of people get the jdm headlights and they don't know how to wire them so they just wire the h4 as a low beam. there is no such thing as a single filament h4, it's a dual filament bulb.

Comment

thats right, they are H4....see i am dumb =)

Retro!

Hater

Comment

i've heard the high beam of the H4 on the one-pieces suck. also you will need to have a relay to turn off the low-beam filament when the high-beam filament turns on. the H4 bulb can't handle both filaments on at the same time for too long. if you notice, H4-factory wired cars (i.e. EK civic) do this when swtiching from low to high. the H1 is better used for the highbeam than the other filament on the H4. and it's already wired that way for our cars.
                            1cor10:31
                            - 92 LX coupe
                            - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by fr0zen
                              a lot of people get the jdm headlights and they don't know how to wire them so they just wire the h4 as a low beam. there is no such thing as a single filament h4, it's a dual filament bulb.
                              no im aware of that rofl.. i meant that they only wire up the low beam filament.. i didnt realise it used both.. didnt know the mids were drl and not high bea,/.. obviously h4 is dual filament.

Comment

Working...
                              X