Dash light indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dash light indicator

Does anyone out there know why I havent as of yet been able to get rid of that annoying burnt taillight indicator. Plugs are all good,ground is good nothing loose, bulbs have been replaced, the light goes out from time to time and always returnes just when you think you have found the problem.

I have the same problem. I have checked all the bulbs to make sure they are the correcto ones and everything works but that damn light is still on. It comes and goes though so im not sure what the deal is. ANY ONE KNOW????
    1991 Black Accord Coupe
    Sprint Lowering Springs
    Neuspeed/Koni Sport Shocks
    Suspension Techniques Front and Rear Sway Bar
    17" Motegi DP6 with Bridgestone Potenzas
    TSX HID Retrofit with 4300K Bulbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/sthrnba711

Comment

Had that problem a few years ago and it went away. Just wait a year.

Actually, one or more light may be on the way out: if resistance is higher beyond a certain point --- which can happen as the lights age --- the sensor will think the circuit is open somewhere (i.e., a "burned out" light) .

Another, somewhat related issue may be a worn taillight harness. If you've ever seen a light that has worn down contacts it'll not work even though it isn't burned out because contact is poor with the harness. Well, the same can happen to the harness contacts.

Or I could just be full of it.

ALSO >>> scooterwheelz, consider editing your subject line. "Dash light indicator" isn't descriptive --- there are several dash light indicators.
      Last edited by deckeda; 10-18-2005, 04:08 PM.
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Working...
      X