HID Xenon/ Halogen Bulb Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HID Xenon/ Halogen Bulb Review

I think from my experience with lighting im going to start off with my first own post on this new board, discussing HID look alike bulb comparisons (Good and Bads of all that ive tested).. This is not based on Radar or tool measurements but by plain experience of spending 3 nights using and comparing each.. i dont have a digital camera rite now so i wont have any pics..

=Köba= (Said to be european made, on the box it says KobaUSA.com, well its a unknown company prolly a kid in his basement) My experience with Köba brand bulbs was rather decent. I had done a 9005 conversion with them, they were a nice output with a kind of dullish looking white blue head on.. not great for show off but semi decent for vision.

=Piaa= (2 Tested Sets of Bulbs)

Spark Blue 9006/9005
    -The Spark blue headlights at a whopping 7500k put out a color of blue that only is seen on the Generation 2 HID units. Althought these bulbs have a huge downfall, their visibility at night.. If you want to be able to see more than 10 feet in front of you these bulbs are not for you.. They are meant for show and they serve that purpose, at night it is like having no light at all, the high temp of the bulb because of the coating causes the blue to scatter into debris and anywhere but visible light. (not reccomended)

Xtreme White Plus
    -Well i had these a few months back, and wow they were bright they were around the same as a new OEM bulb would be but a very cool blue/white output which is guarenteed to pass for a 4100k hid, except from close up they are noticeable bulbs... Theyre good for overall driving in my experience with them, you might form your own opinion..

Naxos Xenon Blue (80 watt) 9006
    -Now i must say these bulbs are pure CRAP! they output the light of a 40 watt bulb and they are not even BLueish, theyre pale white not even a deep nice white, just in between yellow and white.. DONT WASTE A DIME ON THEM..

EuroLite DP (Purple) DOT/SAE approved bulb
    -These bulbs i didnt even test for more than 5 minutes because the color of it spoiled the whole thing, theyre not purple they are a pale pink color, i personally thought it was a ugly color, plus it was a 9005 conversion, not anywhere near as bright as some of the other bulbs i tested.

Nokya 55->80w 8500k Purple
    -These bulbs had to be the weirdest bulbs ive ever bought! i had them in a 9006 and they were semi decent output at night, the only weird thing about these bulbs are.. during the day theyre the deepest shade of purple, but at night theyre a Ghost white. i mean HID Identical white.... its so weird i couldnt figure it out but theyre semi decent. They also run very HOT! i tested and ran them for 45 minutes, the connectors got a little bit soft so use with caution..

SilverStar 9005 Conversion
    This has to be my favorite bulb to date for output wise and pure ghost white.. This is the only bulb that ive used so far that doesnt diminish vision for the sake of color of the bulb. This bulb does shine very bright for all that see it, head on my new headlamps and these bulbs are hid identical 4100k OEM Hid color that is, no blue-pure white

I would not reccomend anything over the 65 watt mark on our old stock harnesses..

These are an opinion based..
    Last edited by xplode; 08-07-2003, 05:38 PM.

next time if you quote. please type wut you liked or did seperate cus i thought you just re posted a quote of mine and i was lauging thinking what did he re post it for lol

Comment

question for ya bro. is that car on stock wheels without hub caps? if so why? just curious dont mean to offend if i did.
      Last edited by xplode; 08-07-2003, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xplode
        question for ya bro. is that car on stock wheels without hub caps? if so why? just curious dont mean to offend if i did.
        yes

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

Comment

Ive tried many different brands. I currently have PIAA Xtreme White Plus on my accord. They last a long time. Many of the other ones blow out within 2 months time. Ive had mines on for about 6 months now without any dulling or fading. Ive gotten some great reviews from friends. I live in Centra Cali and cops are anal here. They've pulled me over for having a slight purple HID tint to my headlights and gave me a fix it. So some people actually like the bright clear headlight look.

I want to get 1 pc jdm headlights (not projectors) and do an HID conversion (real HID).
          Stolen out of Circuit City Parking Lot :
          *RIP*
          1993 Accord EX Coupe
          1995 JDM H22a w/LSD Auto

New love of my life:
          1993 Accord EX Coupe
          Jet Black w/Tan Leather Interior
          JDM H22A w/5 spd H22A Tranny
          I love it when VTEC kicks in!
          vroommmm...*VTEC*...VROOMMMMMM!

Comment

xplode..u gotta get a digi cam so we can see a little more

Importkitz...where in cali exactly are you located?
            Originally posted by Importkitz
            Ive tried many different brands. I currently have PIAA Xtreme White Plus on my accord. They last a long time. Many of the other ones blow out within 2 months time. Ive had mines on for about 6 months now without any dulling or fading. Ive gotten some great reviews from friends. I live in Centra Cali and cops are anal here. They've pulled me over for having a slight purple HID tint to my headlights and gave me a fix it. So some people actually like the bright clear headlight look.

I want to get 1 pc jdm headlights (not projectors) and do an HID conversion (real HID).
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Fresno & Clovis California. (central cali) Clovis cop pulled me over.
              Stolen out of Circuit City Parking Lot :
              *RIP*
              1993 Accord EX Coupe
              1995 JDM H22a w/LSD Auto

New love of my life:
              1993 Accord EX Coupe
              Jet Black w/Tan Leather Interior
              JDM H22A w/5 spd H22A Tranny
              I love it when VTEC kicks in!
              vroommmm...*VTEC*...VROOMMMMMM!

Comment

xplode, that's a pretty good review, did you write it yourself?

do you mind if i add this to our "reviews" forum?

Comment

i met xplode some time ago...i gave him this site..he is all bulbs...u dont even know....he is a bulb freak LOL
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

yes its 100% written by me you may post it in the review forum, link me to it and please make sure to cLEARLY STATE WHo wrote it thanks. btw ztech mah boy black92accord gave meh it first haha.. stop taking credit for what you didnt do
                    hahaha
                    Last edited by xplode; 08-09-2003, 11:42 PM.

Comment

i think that if you guys would need a lighting moderator that id happy to help u out, i know alot and have alot of experience with alot of types, Halogen, To Fake Xenon, to HID, conversions, beam patterns and what not, let me kno if you think i can do anything like that thanks

Comment

i will be writing alot of Reviews over more types of bulbs and more HID, and lighting types of things, keep a look out for another one coming very soon (maybe tonight if im bored enuf haha)

Comment

SilverStar 9005 Conversion
                          This has to be my favorite bulb to date for output wise and pure ghost white.. This is the only bulb that ive used so far that doesnt diminish vision for the sake of color of the bulb. This bulb does shine very bright for all that see it, head on my new headlamps and these bulbs are hid identical 4100k OEM Hid color that is, no blue-pure white.
                          So these bulbs have the xplode seal of approval then? IF so where can I pick these up?...

Comment

hahaha you have my approval. i dont know if your experienced with the conversion of the high beam, but i bet the 9006 version will be just fine

Comment

you can pick them up at any auto store, murrays, autozone (might), any auto supply store that sells bulbs prolly =)

Comment

Working...
                              X