My LED Tail Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My LED Tail Lights

I have had many stages in my LED Tail Light conversion I will put up as many pics showing my stages I have somewhat finished , I say that because i messed up some of the LED's on the outer tails that I'll need to replace as they are not as bright as the inner tail lights. [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

This was my first conversion , using 4" Oval trailer lights , using them for stop/brake/turn. These were bright but i wanted to make them more stylist.

[IMG][/IMG]

This was my second stage , I ran LED strips as my running lights and I kept my oval lights as stop , and returned my turn signals back to their original bulbs. I have no night time pic at this time.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

This is me trying to decide the new pattern i was going to go with , the left side was the new , the right the old . It took my 1.5 years to finally change my style. As you can see in the second pic I only put the strips in the red area and i put a third LED strip to use as a turn signal which was nice at first , but i ended up changing my mind.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Finally I was satisfied with my pattern , I will however at a latter date remove the oval LED's completely and and put 3 strips in each housing to be used as the stop light. So for now the LED strips are my running lights and the ovals are my stops. Also the turn signal bulb was put back to normal , but since the LED's are so bright they can kind of wash out the turn signal light , which is bad since you can't really see it especially in the night. Also im sure you noticed that I put those Red LED's in the amber turn signal area because i wanted the running lights to outline the whole housing , the red area was just to small for my taste. So thee LED strips are red and are so bright they over power the amber filter/plastic housing that it shines red without any noticeable difference on the red bottom side . I was going to paint the amber side red but , i wanted to keep my stock look with the amber.

Also just to add the Audi lights have been my inspiration for this look of course this is their first LED look they now have a more slimline look to them which I wish I could replicate. But this will have to do for now also my LED tails are the brightest I've seen compared to any other stock pair of LED tail lights. [IMG]
    [/IMG]
    Last edited by ambientwater; 10-11-2014, 11:06 PM.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Calling your USDM Accord "JDM" is like calling President Obama "African".

Nice job with the strips! Are you going to get amber LEDs as well?

I'm going to do an LED retro myself later on. It makes the car look that much more modern. Actually, I have led bulbs, but it's not the same

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

No I can't find bright enough LED strips the ones i used are these, and they don't make them in amber, or they're really hard to find, one of the two . But these are by far the brightest LED strips on the market. [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

that last pattern is fuckin sick. the others.... idk about. lol
        COUPE K24

Comment

dude, that's soooo dope! I was thinking about doing that to an extra pair I have, but I didn't know if the results would be good. Looking at it now it's amazing looking! I'm assuming you un-glued the lenses?
          For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

Yes I did, I opened up the Lenses and taped them in , they wont be falling out . Also make sure you seal your tail light really good as for no moisture to get in and ruin the LED or what ever adhesive your going to be using. And like any LED pictures , they just don't do it justice. It's way better in person !!!

Comment

nice, i like the second stage better. that would look good if you did the turn signals with a strip or oval lights (whatever you used), so at night when your braking and have the signal on it'll show three strips
              FRIENDS
              DONT LET
              FRIENDS
              ROLL ON
              ROTA'S

Comment

Sick.. some1 already did their whole tailight with leds.. completly filled them. Looks banana's.
                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I know that's will be my end point later on , no matter I'm really stuck on the idea of outlining the tail lights like I did as the running lights, I love them they're so bright even way before I hit the brakes. Sooner then later I want to remove the Oval lights and put strips in at least 3 more per each housing, to be used as the brake lights . but they're $25 a pair.....so it'l have to wait awhile. So far I've used 10 Strips and I would need 16 more Strips to complete my Vision

Comment

Working...
                  X