Running Light Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running Light Question

I have a problem with my drl kit... I installed it on my high beams to make it turn on 50% off but then it worked right.... then a couple minutes later my high beamed didnt work as drl anymore and suddenly low beam works... so overall i installed drl kit and tapped the high beam wires and somehow SOMEHOW low beam is on drl now... its weird cuz high beam did work as drl but then didnt and switched for low beam.

USDM or JDM headlights?

Comment

jdm projector one of those ebay ones...

Comment

you need the dual filiment h4s in order for them to work properly... im not sure how accordztech did it with his usdm headlights.. he never did show us.
        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
          you need the dual filiment h4s in order for them to work properly... im not sure how accordztech did it with his usdm headlights.. he never did show us.
          cause it was a pain in the ass...and still is...lol im wondering how i did it

the thing is i was talking to him and he said he hooked it directly to the h1 high beam. im thinking he can use a 6 ohm diode inline so that power wont feedback the other way...thats one step i used to get my DRL's to work, thanks to cpmikes advice.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

well the funny thing is that i talked to cpmike and i told him i just did a diode on it and he said its a good idea and i did it and it still the same thing... i used a 12volt zener diode from radioshack.

Comment

ok dude thats now super weird, did u put the diode on right..the silver strip facing the right way? i think facing towards the bulb, and did u put the wire from the drl unit after that diode??
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

oh make sure its a 6a diode at least, those are the bigger ones...cause if not it wont work.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Are all of you using the insight drl kit? Ive been watching ebay for... quite a while, and nothing.

Comment

yea insight kit... the seller sells them pretty quick he usually put it up for like only 5 items at a time and he'll start selling more like in a couple days or so...

Comment

I got my running light to work now... Its pretty much like the setup of accordztech... thanks man... But I did the diode and it still didnt work so i just cut some wires here n there and grounded it and boom it worked.... So now i can use all my lights yay... Ill post some pics soon if I have a chance...

Comment

Here are some pictures...
                        Attached Files

Comment

here are some more
                          Attached Files

Comment

looks good. Kmart got me hooked on the DRL's so one day i'll have a set.

Comment

What yellow bulbs are you using? those look hella yellow, more then my lumnics ones..
                              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Working...
                              X