Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Projector worked best?

Whats up guys

Retro-fit planned and half accumulated. I am probably going with Morimoto mini for the projector, but was curious now that its been a while what kind of projectors you guys think are best?

I think the Morimoto route seems easy enough, but, by all means, if someone has some fucking fantastic idea that uses other projector or whatever, lets talk about it.

Also, if Morimoto sucks for you, let me know why.

Thanks for the feedback!

-justin
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

I second TRS. I went to their offices not too long ago and they have awesome customer support.

I like the TLs but they aren't going to be a walk in the park getting them in our housing

I'll leave this here:
    http://www.jvxdriver.com/jvx_links.htm

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

So that's probably going to be the coolest website I see today.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

TSX or E36
        <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
          So that's probably going to be the coolest website I see today.
          X2

Serioiusly, very cool site
          Originally posted by wed3k
          im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

If you want big factor, if go with e46.

Though modding might get crazy.

I always rejected small projectors because the size didn't add enough wow factor.

So I went with a backyard retrofit and used j30 halogen projectors.

I had to hack a shitload off the projector and even more so on the housing to fit the projector bulb end into the oem halogen socket.

Projector wise, the j30 fit into the housing itself well. Lowbeam atleast.

Cons are obvious. I used halogen projectors and that being said. The engineering design of the projector itself creates inadequate reflection and the hid bulbs are quite a bit longer than halogen bulbs affecting clean cutoff and some glare.

End result was satisfying, not a 10/10 but enough for my needs.

Also, I never did install a shroud, it needs to be completely one-off so I scrapped that idea.

If I was to do it again I'd probably go with a true hid retrofit, largest I can install in the cb7 with shroud.

I can't think of any besides the e46 or s2k but I've never had my hands on either to tell you if they'd fit.

The q45 projectors are about twice as big as the e46.

They would make for some sick off-roading lights mounted right below the grille.
            Like that one sharpied cb7 on here.

Haha!!!

Comment

i have the B+ morimoto mini H1 in my acura cl. couldnt be happier for the price i paid for the projectors (60) from TRS. also gave me the adapters so i can reuse my oem hid components for free.
              COUPE K24

Comment

I've got TSX non-fresnal (04-06) models in my coupe. Love the cutoff and they provide tons of usable light. But I retro'd back in 2008 so the Morimotos might be the way to go. Don't they have bi-xenon ones? Thats one thing I wish I had.

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post
                  TSX or E36
                  so if one wanted e36 projectors, could one use these?

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/E3...D-Kit-included

just take the projectors out and you get a HID kit included...I mean for $140 you couldn't go wrong I guess.
                  MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
                  1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

They would work yes.

I didn't read too much on the page but if it's a true hid projector then you have a good base to start from.

Avoid halogen projectors with hid kits if you can.
                    Though I went this road myself, the more natural light was not painful to the eyes but there is some glare. And I have sensitive eyes.

Installing a retrofit is quite a task, it will take weeks unless you have a whole weekend with all the tools and money at will.

Then some more time to line up the projector beams to both high beams as well as both headlights.

If I was to go the retrofit route again, which I will simply because I invested so much money into tools like a dremel kit.

Best bang for the buck would be a retrofit kit if your unwilling, have no tools, and not a handyman.

Comment

Working...
                    X