retrofitted headlight flicker problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

retrofitted headlight flicker problem

hey guys i have TRS mini bixeon H1s i have my retrofit done i went to install them and i hooked them up to the ballast (plug and play ballast) turned them on and they started to flicker.... I called TRS they said it was my harness and they suggested i buy Theirs...so i did i got it all hooked up same thing happened called them back they said it could be either the ballast or the bulb and they suggested me to purchase their ballast.... before i spend 150 on new ballast and new bulbs i want to make sure its not something else....any one have any ideas to what could be causing this problem...

Also the Hid Bulbs that came with the ballast work fine no flickering

Thanks

MR : http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=CB7+R3ason

Originally posted by quaidum
    you being able to see four blocks down the road is resulting in someone not being able to see 5 feet in front of them

good job, just what the world needs more inconsiderate drivers

Flicking is a weird issue. But if you have a good harness, then as long as you have a solid ground you should be good there.

Usually the flickering is due to the bulbs not being so great. I noticed cheaper bulbs "dance". But if its flickering it can be ballast related. Some ballasts dont like certain bulbs, some do.

What ballasts and bulbs do you have right now?
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
      Flicking is a weird issue. But if you have a good harness, then as long as you have a solid ground you should be good there.

Usually the flickering is due to the bulbs not being so great. I noticed cheaper bulbs "dance". But if its flickering it can be ballast related. Some ballasts dont like certain bulbs, some do.

What ballasts and bulbs do you have right now?
      He already said it all.
      1993 Accord LX - Sold
      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

well the ballast came from some POS plug and play kit i bought for dirt cheap and the bulbs are from TRS(H1 bulb) the bulbs that came with the P&P dont flicker at all...

Xentec is the name of the P&P kit i bought im using their ballast with TRS bulbs
        Last edited by CB7 R3ason; 03-27-2012, 02:09 AM.

you being able to see four blocks down the road is resulting in someone not being able to see 5 feet in front of them

Comment

yeup, like I said...some ballasts like certain bulbs and some dont.

The mh1 from TRFS are good quality. Id just get a new set of ballasts.

Personally in my brothers car with the MH1, I use retrosolutions.com's economy kit. No twitching. But with my friends ballasts....it flickers for days. Eventually it kills the bulb.

But TRFS has some nice ballasts. Good warrenty, and great customer service. Always talk to Matt.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

ok and thanks alot man in your opinon would you go ahead and replace the bulbs as well?? theres a kit that TRS makes it comes with the ballast a wiring harness and bulbs would that be my best bet....

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...oducts_id=3959

Comment

My friend and granny both have that xtec w/e headlight hid kit.

And her ing box blew out once, the a bulb, then the light flickered. Replaced it still flikerd. So they were removed then.. also her brake light fuse kept blowing.

My friends eg flickers also til recent. He changed the ign box to a lower output one and his lights r actually brighter and do not flicker. Ill get the exact numbers later.
              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

im just going to replace the bulbs and the ballast with TRS ballast and bulbs honestly i should have bought the whole kit it would have save me the trouble im going through now and i would have them done by now.....

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 R3ason View Post
                  im just going to replace the bulbs and the ballast with TRS ballast and bulbs honestly i should have bought the whole kit it would have save me the trouble im going through now and i would have them done by now.....
                  yeah you will also have a spare set of bulbs.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                  X