Fog wiring: two unused plugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fog wiring: two unused plugs?

Im not very good at wiring but i followed the installation directions as good as I could but im left with these two plugs and I have no idea where they go? I feel stupid Im trying to read the guide but im stumped. Can anybody help me?

Heres the picture:

They look like plugs for relays.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Those are the plugs for the "Foglight Relay" and the "Headlight Relay." I am also in the process of finding those relays. Did your harness come with the relays or no? if not, go to a junkyard and you can find two relays for the smaller plug in the underhood fusebox (you'll only need one), and the larger relay you can find on accords equipped with a wing spoiler. this relay is located by the antenna in the trunk by the driver's side, and is bolted up with a 10mm bolt and nut.

I have yet to test them, but according to Joshy, the relays that were hooked up to the foglight harness are regular relays that could be found elsewhere on the car, so they should work.

credit goes to Joshy for letting me know where the smaller relay is at, and Tippey764 for letting me know where the larger relay is at.

good luck!
      blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
        Those are the plugs for the "Foglight Relay" and the "Headlight Relay." I am also in the process of finding those relays. Did your harness come with the relays or no? if not, go to a junkyard and you can find two relays for the smaller plug in the underhood fusebox (you'll only need one), and the larger relay you can find on accords equipped with a wing spoiler. this relay is located by the antenna in the trunk by the driver's side, and is bolted up with a 10mm bolt and nut.

I have yet to test them, but according to Joshy, the relays that were hooked up to the foglight harness are regular relays that could be found elsewhere on the car, so they should work.

credit goes to Joshy for letting me know where the smaller relay is at, and Tippey764 for letting me know where the larger relay is at.

good luck!
        No mine did not come with the relays. Ill be taking a trip to the jy then.Good thing I decided to wire them first so that way I could make sure they work. Which relays that are already in my car can I use? or is that possible.

Comment

mmm, i think all those relays mentioned earlier are used for other purposes already, so you'll need to go to the JY and get spares

just a recap, here are the relay locations:

1) underhood fusebox relay (there are 2)
          2) relay by the antenna/rear driver's trunk lining (there is 1)
          blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

mmm, i think all those relays mentioned earlier are used for other purposes already, so you'll need to go to the JY and get spares

great i get to go the PnP now and pray that i find some of these relays. which ones do I get though? the two under the hood are for the big one? and the trunk relays are for the little one?

Comment

Originally posted by blueplanet View Post
              great i get to go the PnP now and pray that i find some of these relays. which ones do I get though? the two under the hood are for the big one? and the trunk relays are for the little one?
              Other way around...

Comment

The 2nd relay is only found on the car if you have a spoiler, spoilerless cars do not have that relay

Comment

Originally posted by coupes View Post
                  Other way around...
                  ok thanks good to know

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                  The 2nd relay is only found on the car if you have a spoiler, spoilerless cars do not have that relay
                  its still on the left side of the trunk though right?

Comment

Originally posted by blueplanet View Post
                    ok thanks good to know

its still on the left side of the trunk though right?
                    Yes..... on a car with a spoiler, if no one has taken the wiring already, it will be bolted at the base of the antenna.

Comment

the car i got the fogs out of is still there u shoulda said something. sorry i thought i grabbed everything needed.

not sure where they are tho can someone help us out.
                      i dont even know what a relay is right now but im definantly going to the junkyard to get em for ya.

Comment

good luck!
                        that is correct. I use relays from around the accords body when I make my harnesses. as for the large one, you can find one similar behind the engine bay fuse box.

Last edited by Night Wolf; 06-17-2011, 09:02 PM.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                        X