Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will d2r hid bulbs fit projector headlights? or stock housings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will d2r hid bulbs fit projector headlights? or stock housings?

what do you guys think? anyone with hid experience? or do the d2r bulbs fit the stock headlights without to much coersion?

I have ballasts I just havent bought bulbs yet....

thx
    ~brains
    1990 DX CB7 - H22a
    1989 Mitsu Starion Turbo Widebody - Everything!
    1986 CRX Si - Exhaust / Intake / Recaros

check out my car pics on myspace.....

http://profiles.myspace.com/users/4711341

Originally posted by chris_brains
    what do you guys think? anyone with hid experience? or do the d2r bulbs fit the stock headlights without to much coersion?

I have ballasts I just havent bought bulbs yet....

thx
    ~brains

NO
    and if you're talking about those apc, egay, projector headlights, they're definetely not fitting unless you retrofit some OEM-type projectors into your headlights.

check his thread out. he's using Valeo projectors retrofitted into his headlights:
    Accord Sir
    Last edited by PRIMOCB7; 02-23-2005, 10:29 AM.
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

I think it'll work with stock headlights if you can play with them a little bit to get the focal points right, and most importantly you blackhouse your headlights. From what I know HIDs fill the whole bulb with light, meaning anything stray becomes light, so if you just paint the bottom of the headlight black, and maybe a little of the bottom of the reflector, you'll have decent output. I was looking at my dad's M45 HIDs, which are in lights like ours, not projectors, and I must say...their output is not that great. The light is really bluish, the pattern is not wide, there's a little glare up top, and the cutoff is pretty fuzzy. Needless to say though it's bright and it works...I don't see why our headlights won't do the same.

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i give up.

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
        JDM H22
        Port n Polished Int Mani
        Bored TB, maxed
        MSD 6A
        I/H/E
        no cat
        [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment