HID's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HID's

So, I'm in the market for some HID's. Since I've never shopped for HID's before, I need some help.

What brand, if any, should I look for? I want something with a reasonable price. eBay, or online store links would be appreciated.

I want to go with 8000k (blueish color) for my low beams, and 3000k (yellow color) for my high beams, can I do that?

Another thing, I wanted to have HID's for my Fogs, but I decided to go with normal yellow bulbs instead. Any place online that sells high quality yellow fog light bulbs. I just want something that's not going to go out on me in a few weeks or months, cause it's a pain changing out fog light bulbs.

Let me know guys.

EDIT: Sorry for placing this in the wrong spot Deev!
    Last edited by LordXaero; 02-23-2011, 07:11 PM.

[ My Car Domian ] - [ My Members Ride Thread ] - [ Facebook ]

My Top CB7Tuners :

TypeG
    aww_shiet
    91accordexr33

Well I've only had HIDs for a while but I have done some research on them. With the 8000k's the visibility is not that great. If you want something with a blueish tint, I'd suggest the 6000k's. They're white with a hint of blue and the visibility is much better. As far as the yellow high beams, in my opinion, getting HIDs there would be a waste of time because you usually never have them on long enough to fully charge them. Plus turning them off and on so many times will reduce the life of them. If I may suggest, if you don't want to go the route of opening up your headlights and painting the high beam reflection bowl yellow, you can go online or to some auto parts stores and you can find yellow 100 watt bulbs that will do the same job. The fog lights I'm not 100% sure on but I believe that you can't get just yellow bulbs for them, but you can use a yellow cap and you can find them either on eBay or on here. Anyways, good luck with whatever you do

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Comment

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Ap...Raptor-HID-Kit

Don't bother with 8k.

For low beams either do 4500 or 5k.

3k is good for yellow fog lights if you can retrofit it in....if not then just do yellow bulbs.

DO NOT DO HID"S IN YOUR HIGH BEAMS.

They are not on enough to warrant the need and you will burn out the ballasts.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ind...62b906420853e4

Do a retrofit and wire up the bi xenon harness if you want high/low HIDS.

Comment

Ralphie about covered it. 4500K or 5000K for your low beams. 3000K seem to work well in your fogs.

DDM is great. Make sure to get the fat ballasts; Apexcone. The slims are nice but ive had, seen and hear nothing but bad news from them. The apexcone's are the good ones. DDM is quick and willing to work with you, you just have to deal with their customer service guys. Sometimes they can come off a little rude. Otherwise, they're great.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I think the 6k lows are fabolous! They light up everything nice in bright with a hint of blue. I've got 8k in my fogs also. Opening the light and using yellow stain looks the best.IMO.
          Freedom Is Not Free
          U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Thanks guys for the replies!

I was thinking about the high beam HID's, and how they have to warm up before they get the full potential, so I see what you guys mean. Also about the life of them too. Guess I'll just have to find some yellow high beam bulbs.

I really want to go with a bluish color though for my HID's, while having good light output. So, would 6000k be good?

I do not want to mod my fog light housings whatsoever, so I'm just gonna go with yellow bulbs for those, if I can find them that is.

Anyone want to help me select what I need from the drop down menus on the DDM Tuning site? I'm alittle confused.

[ My Car Domian ] - [ My Members Ride Thread ] - [ Facebook ]

My Top CB7Tuners :

TypeG
            aww_shiet
            91accordexr33

Comment

If you want a hint of blue with good visibility, go with 6000k. Im an advocate of 5000K because its closer to OEM quality and it's closer to optimal light output.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Ap...Raptor-HID-Kit

You want 35 watt. 9006 bulb and 6000K.

You'll have to re-select the pair for your fogs. Same as above, just 3000K and I think they're H3 or H7 bulbs. I forget.

On the menu on the left, select "HID kits & Lighting" and they're the raptors. The additional harness is up to you and you wont need an error code eliminator. the mounting brackets are up to you as well.

Comment

Working...
                X