HID kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HID kits

What kind of HID kits do you guys suggest? I've just been browsing around right now. I have two kinds in mind:

Ebay brand for $35

OR

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Ap...Raptor-HID-Kit

even though I dont like ddm, ddm has better quality than ebay.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

go with ddm i have the 55w 8000k in mine now and they work perfect use to have the 35w 8000k but new ones are a lil brighter stay away from ebay hids, lifetime warranty with ddm anyway

Comment

I wonder when they stop carrying hid stuff, what will happen with their warrenty. Its all over on www.theretrofitsource.com forum
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

They're on the higher priced side, but I have used Xenithxenons many times with success. Their ballasts are very small and clean, and they have all waterproof connectors.

I've seen alot of Ebay HID kits that aren't true to color or as bright as they should be. One friend had a Ebay HID kit that was advertised as 6000k, which is supposed to be a bright white with a hint of blue in it, but they were most definitely a very odd greenish-blue teal color and weren't nearly as bright as my 4300k's.
          There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

speaking of higher priced, I used www.retrosolutionsllc.com

They always back me up and I have had no ballast issues. With ddm, last 5 sets me and my friend bought, each set had one bad ballast. Took forever to get another one.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by kickeraccord90 View Post
              go with ddm i have the 55w 8000k in mine now and they work perfect use to have the 35w 8000k but new ones are a lil brighter stay away from ebay hids, lifetime warranty with ddm anyway
              For the 55w 8000k, what options did you pick? These: HID Harness, Error Code Eliminator, Adaptor cables, & Mounting Brackets. It doesn't really explain what any of that is... except mounting brackets.

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
              They're on the higher priced side, but I have used Xenithxenons many times with success. Their ballasts are very small and clean, and they have all waterproof connectors.

I've seen alot of Ebay HID kits that aren't true to color or as bright as they should be. One friend had a Ebay HID kit that was advertised as 6000k, which is supposed to be a bright white with a hint of blue in it, but they were most definitely a very odd greenish-blue teal color and weren't nearly as bright as my 4300k's.
              True they are a little more pricier but they also have lifetime warranty.

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
              speaking of higher priced, I used www.retrosolutionsllc.com

They always back me up and I have had no ballast issues. With ddm, last 5 sets me and my friend bought, each set had one bad ballast. Took forever to get another one.
              Bad luck maybe? Your the only person so far that has said they have had a problem with DDM.

Comment

Originally posted by sn000t View Post
                For the 55w 8000k, what options did you pick? These: HID Harness, Error Code Eliminator, Adaptor cables, & Mounting Brackets. It doesn't really explain what any of that is... except mounting brackets.

Bad luck maybe? Your the only person so far that has said they have had a problem with DDM.
                mine are the 9006 didn't need a error eliminator, just the harness it comes with and the sticky pad it comes with doesn't work too good so just zip tie it down. and i use to have 35w nothing wrong with them just wanted lights a little brighter

Comment

Originally posted by sn000t View Post

Go to theretrofitsource and go to their forums. Search for a thread about rants about them

I had a old cats ballast and their 55 Watt right next to eachother and they were the same brightness. Ddm said they wont do anything. They said its 55w regardless of what I think. Then a ballast went bad. Took 3 weeks to get it

My other friends ballast went bad and was intermittent. He had to ship it back for them to test it, they fplound nothing wrong (even when he told them exaxctly how to reproduce it) and had to pay them to ship it back to him. Then it really went dead so sent it back and they said they can only give him a regular ballast and not a slim.

He tried to return it and was within 23 days. When he contacted them about it in the first place. But after shipping back and forth it went past 30 days and they wouldn't allow it. Now they received his ballast and are on back order for a couple of weeks. They said they will send him a refurbished ballast.

So you be the judge.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

has anyone used HIDextra.com?

Comment

Working...
                    X