Cutoff/blackhousing question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cutoff/blackhousing question...

I read in some lighting FAQ that the flat mirror on the bottom of the low beam reflector is what causes glare. Has anyone blacked those out? And if so, how was beam pattern? I'm on a witch hunt to kill the glare, so hopefully we can use HIDs in the stock housing...

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

A lot of this has been discussed, when people black house their headlights they usually black that part out anyways. As seen in this pic of my car.. it's blacked out:

As far as glare yes I noticed a lot of my glare was reduced with it. As far as HID's in them go from what a lot of people say it'll look like stadium lights [etc] [etc]. Check out some of the HID threads in here and you'll hear about some of it. I'm not being an ass but a lot of the moderators really would like to stress the search feature on questions before starting a new topic.

B.T.W My friend installed HID's in his 96 accord without the blackhousing and yes GLARE is a bitch on it and I typically do not like driving in front of him.

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

i blacked out all the flat area...top and bottom and slapped on some hid's...glare is reduced and i like the light output

Originally posted by fizzbob7
      first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
      Originally posted by ACC0RD22
      no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
      So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Hey arrozburner, you got pics of your lighting setup at night?
        "The Fresh One"

Comment

i use a special black spray to make it look black but not reduce light output. you need the glare to see road signs ect.
          To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by FDAccord
            A lot of this has been discussed, when people black house their headlights they usually black that part out anyways. As seen in this pic of my car.. it's blacked out:

As far as glare yes I noticed a lot of my glare was reduced with it. As far as HID's in them go from what a lot of people say it'll look like stadium lights [etc] [etc]. Check out some of the HID threads in here and you'll hear about some of it. I'm not being an ass but a lot of the moderators really would like to stress the search feature on questions before starting a new topic.

B.T.W My friend installed HID's in his 96 accord without the blackhousing and yes GLARE is a bitch on it and I typically do not like driving in front of him.
            Well I've been reading a lot (particularly in the thread w/the guy w/projectors and HIDs w/o the change of lenses) and I 've come to the conclusion that our headlights are not that bad; particularly the right side one. In fact, if you face it against a wall, you can see a definite cut-off, and even a slight LHD ECE flare. The left side has no reach what so ever though; I'm guessing to minimize glare to oncoming traffic; I think mine might even be pointing to the right, as there is literally NO LIGHT to the left of the car.

Anyways with that in mind I'm gonna see about the blackhousing thing as well as somehow getting a RHD low beam onto the left. If that doesn't work out, H7 projectors here I come...

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

this is the only night pic i have...i'll see if i could get any against the wall...

Originally posted by fizzbob7
              first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
              Originally posted by ACC0RD22
              no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
              So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

thanks yo, looks nice...im in search of a quality hid kit myself i want one like the s2000 or the maximas, the love the purplish hue
                "The Fresh One"

Comment

The purple hue comes from the projector lens, not the color of the bulb. OEM HID bulbs are clear; the optics in the lens cause the sexy purple cutoff line. If you notice, most HID systems with reflectors look blue, and almost all OEM HIDs put out white light.

Comment

I blacked out my whole headlight basicly. I didn't need the high beam reflective area anyways. 100% cancel out any glare in the light

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
                    www.maketradefair.com

Comment

yea, you lose all of the glare with the blackhousing. It's very nice. The road still gets illuminated, the street signs still get illuminated, but the beam patern is so much nicer. I atleast suggust that you put 9005 bulbs in your low beams if you're going to do a blackhousing though, or else it'll be like driving behind those old style headlights that are completely opaque...
                      --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

I did the 9005 conversion...my beam pattern is pretty nice as is. I just wanna get rid of the damn glare.

Comment

Working...
                        X