hid color issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hid color issue

Ok a friend of mine has a '05 toyota matrix with day time running lights..he purchase some 15k hids which look similar to the 30k deep blue but its just a hint lighter..so he connected his lights up not reading that yu have to disable daytime running lights so his lights would jus flicker durin the day like strobes as he drives..so finally about a week later he finds out how to stop the flicker which was to run a ground wire from the passenger or driver side headlight to the metal frame of the car which will balance out the ground & stop the flicker & the hids will work with daytime running lights without disabling it..so now that he has done that he's also read that if yu let those lights flicker yu can fuck yur ballast..now instead of his lights being 15k close to deep blue there like 10k bulbs now which looks like iceburg blue..

Does the ballast have anything to do with that drastic color change?
    Did that strobe flash fuck his ballast?
    If he bought new ballasts will it still be the same?

More than likely, the constant flashing damaged the bulbs. I would replace them first cuz their cheaper.
    Sig removed due to excessive size

Comment

dont spend the extra money for the bulbs. Try buying a Anti-flickering Capacitor kit. Some vehicles use a pulsed power output that is not constant that halogen bulbs can handle, but an HID kit cannot. go to xenonsupply.com and go to the "Contact Us" tab. See if your vehicle is on the list for pulsed power. If it is go to this link: its a $20 plug n play fix. hope this helps!

http://www.xenonsupply.com/HID-Acces...ypage.tpl.html

MYCB7.com

Comment

You are NOT suppose to run HIDS with daytime running lights, you're suppose to pull the fuse so they don't come on.

If the HIDS are different colors, your bulbs are bad. When installing new bulbs you should turn them on for about 8-10MIN so they burn in correctly.

I sell HID bulbs for 40$/pair if interested. PM me, I'm very knowledgable with HIDS

and the lights are FLICKERING because your not suppose to use HIDS with DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS ON!!!! DRL use less power to run which is why you get the flicking.

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175 View Post
          You are NOT suppose to run HIDS with daytime running lights, you're suppose to pull the fuse so they don't come on.

If the HIDS are different colors, your bulbs are bad. When installing new bulbs you should turn them on for about 8-10MIN so they burn in correctly.

I sell HID bulbs for 40$/pair if interested. PM me, I'm very knowledgable with HIDS

and the lights are FLICKERING because your not suppose to use HIDS with DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS ON!!!! DRL use less power to run which is why you get the flicking.
          isell em to..well atleast now i do

Comment

Working...
          X