No announcement yet.

NO CUTTING retrofits!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im not andy enough to do this on my own... but thats a sweet ass idea.. which lights ate E46r

So I was thinking what would Jesus drive?

Comment

/\ i love the stance of this coupe

i finally got a decent picture of the cutoff and light output of the d2s version

/\ LOW BEAM

/\ HIGH BEAM
      ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

^^ Thanks! Once the snow is gone here, I'll be rolling or cutting the rear fenders and zero-ing out the camber in the rear. Should look great from the back after that!

The cutoff step looks a lot less pronounced compared to the H1 version... I wish I got the D2S now lol.

** Edit: Yikes, I need to update my sig picture.. no more blue engine covers or eBay intake under the hood!
        1991 Accord LX - R.I.P. you are missed..

1999 Accord EX-V6
        [AMR coilovers/Progress rear sway/NRG strut tower bar/AEM V2 CAI/Morimoto H1 retro/Racing Sparco wheels]

Comment

I installed a set of Mini's with 4300K H1's today at work on a 2011 Denali, looked awesome. I will definitely be pushing this kit! It was a lot of fun too!

Comment

What shrouds do you guys recommend for stock USDM headlight? is the standard one (mini gatling gun) that comes with the kit good?
            Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

Originally posted by HATCHing View Post
              What shrouds do you guys recommend for stock USDM headlight? is the standard one (mini gatling gun) that comes with the kit good?
              I used the Gatlings. The bottom has to be cut a little and you will have to black out the reflector on the headlight housing, but other than that they fit well for me.

I don't think I ever posted pics of mine after I got them in.

The 3000ks make for an awesome beam pattern, but the light output is damn near worthless.
              Last edited by EJX_Michael; 01-26-2011, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Which ones?

D2S with E46R shrouds or h1 with Gatling gun shrouds? These are going on USDM headlights and i'm looking to do it real soon

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...13#post2872413

Comment

Originally posted by 91cblx View Post
                  D2S with E46R shrouds or h1 with Gatling gun shrouds? These are going on USDM headlights and i'm looking to do it real soon
                  i would recommend D2S with the 50watt bulbs and ballasts that they now offer with a 5000k bulb(50 watt washes the color out so it will be closer 4300k)

the shrouds are up to you(what YOU like) the e46 shrouds is what i used but i would have liked my shrouds to have been a little deeper
                  ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Originally posted by quaidum View Post
                    i would recommend D2S with the 50watt bulbs and ballasts that they now offer with a 5000k bulb(50 watt washes the color out so it will be closer 4300k)

the shrouds are up to you(what YOU like) the e46 shrouds is what i used but i would have liked my shrouds to have been a little deeper
                    Okay so they just arrived today, got the D2S projectors, but the base of the projectors are larger than the hole in my stock headlights? Will I have to make the hole larger? I mean I don't know how I would cut it larger, any suggestions?

Comment

anyone? bump

Comment

i didn't run in to that situation b/c i had them retroed into a cheap projector one piece housing

you can cut the opening for the rear of the projector to come through but remember that it will not be able to ever have a standard 9005 bulb in it again if you cut to much

i would recommend a dremel or a hole saw in a drill to cut the opening more
                        ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Originally posted by 91cblx View Post
                          Okay so they just arrived today, got the D2S projectors, but the base of the projectors are larger than the hole in my stock headlights? Will I have to make the hole larger? I mean I don't know how I would cut it larger, any suggestions?
                          I think you are talking about the block in the reflector bowl that the bulb shield was mounted to. I just went in there with a large set of side cutters and cut chunks of it off. The material is like a weird plastic/fiber material so it cuts quite easily.

Comment

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
                            I think you are talking about the block in the reflector bowl that the bulb shield was mounted to. I just went in there with a large set of side cutters and cut chunks of it off. The material is like a weird plastic/fiber material so it cuts quite easily.
                            It's because I got the d2s kit, not the h1. the H1 has a smaller base that fits through the 9006 socket, but the d2s has a larger,h4 base. So I guess i just have to go at it with a dremel

Comment

You'll have to be careful about enlarging the hole too, it has to be perfect. Otherwise you'll have to re-install your headlights and re-aim them to make sure they're on straight before sealing them up again.
                              1991 Accord LX - R.I.P. you are missed..

1999 Accord EX-V6
                              [AMR coilovers/Progress rear sway/NRG strut tower bar/AEM V2 CAI/Morimoto H1 retro/Racing Sparco wheels]

Comment

Originally posted by sm1ke View Post
                                You'll have to be careful about enlarging the hole too, it has to be perfect. Otherwise you'll have to re-install your headlights and re-aim them to make sure they're on straight before sealing them up again.
                                okay thanks So if you do not wrap the projector with that metal tape, does light leak through? and if so, has anyone ever used the yellow stained glass paint on both the high beams and low beams? I mean on the reflector part behind the projector. That way there is yellow light that leaks through besides the light output of the projector? Just wondering on some input

Comment

Working...
                                X