No announcement yet.

NO CUTTING retrofits!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks awesome man , Makes me want to work on my set !
    93 accord Black 10th Anniversary (REBUILD)
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=125009

1992 Accord Lx Frost White - SOLD
    1993 Accord Se Coupe - Totaled
    1992 Accord Ex Sedan 5 speed - SOLD
    1992 Accord Lx Coupe - SOLD
    1990 Accord Ex Sedan 5 Speed - Daily Driver
    1993 Accord 10th Anniversary - STOLEN (REBUILD)

Comment

Gemini, did you do the Mini H1's as well? Your car is sittin pretty lol. What are you lowered on?

I need to update my sig pic..
      1991 Accord LX - R.I.P. you are missed..

1999 Accord EX-V6
      [AMR coilovers/Progress rear sway/NRG strut tower bar/AEM V2 CAI/Morimoto H1 retro/Racing Sparco wheels]

Comment

so i cant use my h4 HID kit for my jdm one piece if i buy the h1 kit? i wanna try this out
        Last edited by gdout90accord; 12-02-2010, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gdout90accord View Post
          so i cant use my h4 HID kit for my jdm one piece if i buy the h1 kit? i wanna try this out
          i think u can use back the ballasts,just buy a set of H1 bulb.

correct me if i'm wrong guys,i'm still new to HID stuffs.
          -My Member Ride thread-
          -JL store-

Comment

U can use whatever ballasts you like with your H1 bulbs..

Comment

BUMP.

I want a set for my JDM 1 piece headlights too, but im afraid i might run into the same problem as Jack_Lee.

MRT

Comment

Great work jack_lee! looks sick! when I did mine, I used the gatling shrouds, had to trim them a lil from the bottom. Thats a good idea to flip the reflector for better alignment. Mine however didnt sit that that low. I didnt flip the reflector and still had good room for alignment. It could be the e46r shrouds pushing em down a lil. Either way good job
                Last edited by NWaccord; 01-14-2011, 07:26 PM.

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
                MRT F22B - 643whp - 529tq @ 30psi
                11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

I would really like my headlights to have these projectors. But I'm a little hesitant, because of the cost of my jdm headlights and the projector kit.

My main concerns are alignment,securing the shroud,and moisture getting inside.

1. I figure since the projector is just threaded on to the housing it could spin around under the right conditions.

2. I havnt read how to secure the shroud well. Or seen pics.

I appreciate what this threads shown so far. Also jack_lee, best looking cb headlights I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by 904dr View Post
                    I would really like my headlights to have these projectors. But I'm a little hesitant, because of the cost of my jdm headlights and the projector kit.

My main concerns are alignment,securing the shroud,and moisture getting inside.

1. I figure since the projector is just threaded on to the housing it could spin around under the right conditions.

2. I havnt read how to secure the shroud well. Or seen pics.

I appreciate what this threads shown so far. Also jack_lee, best looking cb headlights I've seen.
                    As long as you seal it right, you shouldn't have to worry about moisture.

The projector will not spin under any circumstances, as long as it is securely tight.

Shroud clips and locks onto the lens that projects the light out, it is very secure.

I know all of this because i did this retro into my USDM headlights.

I dont have moisture, but i have a small issue with UV coating on the inside. My driver side creates a ghost image of the projector onto my lens which is visible without light, lol.

My shrouds weren't even pushed all the way to lock in place, and i haven't figured out how to pull them off without breaking them, so i can re-retro the projectors into my 1 piece headlights.

I also didn't align my projectors before i sealed them so they weren't pointed correctly. I went ahead and grab a pair of needle nose pliers and twisted the lock nut from behind the projector and was able to re-align my projectors perfectly, and through bumps of all sorts, my projectors hasn't spun out of place once. Its in there very tight.

Hopefully that helps you out.

MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_lee View Post
                      Looks like the projector has been hot over here before i first seen it at hs.i received the set i bought from a member at hs (also a member here!) last month and it's almost done now,i know i'm bit slow,i'm just too busy and this is i think the first and only retrofit i'll do,so got to do it right,do it once.

the set that i bought is actually has some defects on the shroud and the size is a little longer than the normal gatling shroud(got some discount on it!).so i decided to buy the E46R shroud from trs.

below are some of the progress pic.and i forgot to mention,i'm using the JDM 1pc h/light.

Wet sand and buff/polished the lens before pry it off.

Pry open and clean it up CAREFULLY.

Take off the reflector bowl

This is how i sandwich the projector in the reflector bowl,since this is the extra set of h/lights.so i just cut off the H4 bulb bracket to make it really flat to lock in.you no need to cut it if you tends to keep the original.

When the projector is on,measure carefully and cut the shroud.

I don't know whether other have this problem on their mini modded into the CBs' JDM 1pc.it tends to sit so low especially when i'm using the E46R shroud,it didn't cover up the projector like the gatling shroud that come with it.it's impossible that i adjust the h/light way high just to let the bottom of the shroud visible.

Then i came out with an idea---turn the reflector bowl up side down.this is just an idea,it needs to be tested on the car and since the projector is sitting higher than before,so i try to aim it at the lowest.hope this is happening when i test it on the car later.

But before that you have to cut the 2 little nipple each side on the back of the reflector to lock it up side down.

It looks great after that...

In order to have room for aiming when it's on the car,i decided to cut the housing.bear in mind that i'm using the E46R shroud.there are wider.

...and led strip behind the shroud.

As i read at hidplanet,ONLY cover up the projector with 3M aluminum foil tape when preventing light coming out from behind.

The last process i think is find a set of 35w HID and test it on the car.check the cut off.check the foil tape condition after light up.check the aiming availability.and put back the lens.I'll post up some pic later.

any suggestion,criticism or opinion are welcome.
                      In a strictly heterosexual way.

I love you this is all.

Someone make this THE official DIY...this was VERY helpful.
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Very nice.

I just finished mine up.
                        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                          Very nice.

I just finished mine up.
                          i saw that.

Pics or ban.
                          Henry R
                          Koni/Neuspeed
                          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid View Post
                            i saw that.

Pics or ban.
                            They blocked remote desktop at work, pics when I get home at 1am
                            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                              They blocked remote desktop at work, pics when I get home at 1am
                              oh snap.
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              Legend FSM

Comment

Thats Hot !!!! Nice Job Dude.
                                frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Working...
                                X