• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUb'd definitely liking the idea of not cutting my lights

Click it.... You know you wanna
    Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

well i am planning on buying these. i wrote them and got this message back

Hi Kyle,
      Thanks for the inquiry. Yes, the new D2S version is now available, just have not uploaded it to the website yet as we're waiting on pictures from our photographer back on them.

The Morimoto kit with the D2S bulbs is priced a bit higher than the standard H1's for a few reasons, which I will explain below:

1) Shrouds: You need to select a full size shroud for the projector, as the Mini Gatling shroud does not come included (nor does it fit) the D2S Mini's
      2) Bulbs: The D2S bulbs are more expensive to produce than the H1's that go with the Mini H1 bi-xenons
      3) Ballasts: The Morimoto ballasts w/ the integrated D2S sockets are more expensive to produce than the ones w/ the AMP outputs that go with the Mini H1's

Here is the pricing on the Mini D2S stage III kit:

1x Pair: Morimoto Mini bi-xenon projectors (D2S)
      1x Pair: Shrouds/bezels of your choice
      1x Pair: Morimoto 35w digital ballasts w/ brackets and integrated D2S sockets
      1x Pair: Morimoto D2S bulbs (4300K/5000K/6000K)
      1x Pc: Bi-xenon relay wire harness
      $315 shipped UPS w/ tracking and insurance

If you have any other questions at all, or if you'd like to put in a special order for this kit - let me know and we'll be glad to help. You can either reply to this email or give us a call at 614-653-3451 and we'll be glad to help.

here are the dimensions

Tip of lens to mounting area (middle of projector: 60mm)
      >From mounting to end of projector: 65mm
      Diameter of end where lamp goes in: 35mm (threaded portion only)
      Diameter of end where lamp goes in: 42mm (w/ lock ring hardware installed)
      Diameter of projector bowl at widest point: 73mm (side to side in the middle)
      Overall length: 125mm for the projector, add 25mm for the D2S bulb/socket assembly. (can use D2H bulbs as well to only add about 5-10mm)
      ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

well i just purchased these about two minutes ago they should be here by next friday will let everyone know when i have recieved them
        ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Hi everyone! I purchased and installed these: MORIMOTO MINI projectors with 5000k morimoto h1 bulbs, and WOW i think there worth it. there super easy to install just takes some time nd patients, but the light output is far superior than alot of oem projectors on the road!

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
          MRT F22B - 643whp - 529tq @ 30psi
          11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

Originally posted by NWaccord View Post
            Hi everyone! I purchased and installed these: MORIMOTO MINI projectors with 5000k morimoto h1 bulbs, and WOW i think there worth it. there super easy to install just takes some time nd patients, but the light output is far superior than alot of oem projectors on the road!
            do have any pics b/c i just purchased the d2s based projectors and would like to have a couple pics in compaRISION (damn caps lock button)

i can't wait till i get mine
            ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

The only pics i have are from the install procces and a day shot of them on. But tonight ill get pics of the output and the cutout! ima post the installs ones on MRT in a bit

Sorry for the dirty pics!
              Last edited by NWaccord; 07-16-2010, 06:51 PM.

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
              11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

in your sig the back windows being open make the side of it look like a wagon
                ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

LOL it kinda does now that u mentioned it!

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
                  11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

awesome please post pics and install i will buy these asap once i just see the output and clearity of them.

did you put them on jdm headlights btw? or oem?

thanks
                    Beast: Evo X
                    Daily: 93 Accord LX Wagon

Comment

I just bought the full Stage III kit from TRS for my CG2. I'm now trying to unload my TSX projos and bulbs lol. Matt at TRS helped me out and man, he provides excellent customer service!! I'll post pics when I get mine installed.
                      1991 Accord LX - R.I.P. you are missed..

1999 Accord EX-V6
                      [AMR coilovers/Progress rear sway/NRG strut tower bar/AEM V2 CAI/Morimoto H1 retro/Racing Sparco wheels]

Comment

updates on this please
                        Beast: Evo X
                        Daily: 93 Accord LX Wagon

Comment

i received my d2s based morimoto mini's last night they are quite powerful and the cut off line is very sharp i don't have a camera to take pics but i can try to get my friends and take some tonight

putting them in my ebay one piece since those projectors are shit(well mine were even with quality ballasts and bulbs)
                          ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Wonder if these will work on S10s...

1999 BMW M3
                            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

that is very nice, i may be doing this in the future

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7 View Post
                                if i got the xtra cash i wouldnt mind putting the $295 kit in the ebay housings..... i wanna find a way to make them bi-xenon and then run the highbeam location maybe for a DRL.

but im still sticking to my guns about the ebay headlights and some HID PnP kits. i cant argue with what i got on my car now.
                                same, i'm good with my ebay projectors and HID kit, they do well for me and give me the lighting i need without blinding other folks. but i think i'll tell my bro about this since he's planning a retro in the future.
                                blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Working...
                                X