No announcement yet.

NO CUTTING retrofits!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not bad, this will come in handy for those that don't want to hack up their 1pc headlights! i know i wouldn't if or when i get a pair. Might give these a try after i see some people on here wit em and read more reviews, since i was already planning a TSX retrofit. Ill wait now! Thanks for the post

-LoS
    " The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred " - Soichiro Honda

Comment

What's really nice is if you ever wanna sell your car or something, you can take the projector out and put it in your next one.

Comment

Question: I don't know if i missed it or not but how do you mount these??? i like them but would like to see how to get these in the headlight housing.

Comment

Originally posted by akito View Post
          Question: I don't know if i missed it or not but how do you mount these??? i like them but would like to see how to get these in the headlight housing.
          it's on the first page, but here you go
          Originally posted by av6g6 View Post
          Now the way you mount this projector is quite simple. There is a threaded collar on the back of the projector which threads through the bulb hole on your stock headlights, then you screw a collar on the back and essentially sandwhich the projector and reflector together. You then place a projector shroud over the front of the projector. It uses an H1 hid kit bulb which can be bought cheap from places like ddm. No cutting is involved, just open your headlights place the projector in, put the shroud on and close your headlights back up and you have a retrofit with output that will be comparable to TL's.

Click picture to see my mrt
          Instagram: sikz6

Comment

Originally posted by av6g6
            ^ I don't have any pics in a cb7 headlight, but this is a pic of the projector mounted in an 09 civic headlight, which is also 9006.
            Those remind me of my old set of headlights on my beater:

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
              Wow. I'll most likely be picking a set of these up. What kind of work is involved with converting the separate bulb wiring into the low/high 1 bulb setup?
              The only thing you have to do to wire up the high beam solenoid is to splice into the 9005 high beam plug. I will probably just make a y harness to be able to run the halogen high beam bulb as well as activate the high beam solenoid in the projector.

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
              seems like you have to buy this harness that has a relay to wire it up. extra 30 bucks i think. it's on the retrofit site where the projectors are being sold.\\
              You don't have to buy the harness, the harness is only really needed for cars with bulbs like h4 and 9007 which have the high beam and low beam in one bulb.

My 6th gen accord thread
              99 Miata

Comment

damn...that's not a bad price...worth getting a set just to test really. Might have to do that. I've been wanting some low beam HID's...and I really don't have the time/place/equipment to do a proper retro.

can't see the pics...at work...but if the light output is as good/better then this is really worth it for me.

crazy how aftermarket parts are catching up, in some areas, to what customizers are looking for. Though I would still eventually want to do a bmw or 350z retro...just love how those things look on our cars.
                ____

Comment

pha, some1 gave me a bad rep here, thanks.
                  Last edited by F20A CB7; 03-30-2010, 08:07 PM.
                  **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                  Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                  Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

someone with a tsx retrofit that's jealous haha

Comment

Originally posted by av6g6 View Post
                      You sir deserve to have your headlights smashed in then smashed in some more. The cutoff shield is a SHIELD, it shields other drivers from being blinded by a high beam projector which is essentially what you made. I can also guarantee you the the ebay projectors you have which are halogen projectors are nowhere near as wide as the minis posted or the TL or any other HID projector, not even close. yeah they may shine far, but I guarantee they are like pencil beams with the hotspot shining straight in front of the car and nowhere else. But now they are just high beam projectors.
                      Sorry if I am coming off as somewhat as a douche, but the one thing I can't stand is driver who only think about themselves and not the safety of other drivers.
                      great advertisement there buddy.

i dont like cheap projectors. its visibility, thats something you dont cheap out on. id rather go with some bmw or tsx projectors than some ebay looking ones
                      miss my turbo cb7
                      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

These would fit so easy in the ebay projectors

Comment

WOW i wish i can do retro fit my accord...just don't have the balls to spend
                          VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                          1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                          MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Product not found!

uh oh...crap
                            ____

Comment

are these similar?

$135

$295
                              ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                                are these similar?

$135

$295
                                Those look to be the same ones. But holy crap that is a hell of a price for a complete plug and play kit!
                                Bought From : SE_DynamiK, oneoffaccord, and TopCop182

Click It!>>>><<<<Click It!

Comment

Working...
                                X