Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HID Projector DIY?

Hey everyone,

I have some stock headlights, and have had them blackhoused and yellowed in the high beams. But I got some Audi RS4 HID Projectors for free from the Junkyard here in Washington.. Don't ask me why they had an RS4 when it could have been parted out, but anyways, there were VERY few things left on the car, I got the projector headlights.

Now my questions..

1. Does anyone know how much I cut out of my stock headlight to get these to fit?

2. How do I secure them so they stay in place?

3. How the hell do I connect the HID kit (H7/D2S) to our bulb connectors (9005?)

I will also be updating this as I go along with a step by step DIY if anyone wants one

check out hidplanet.com

but you will need a set of d2s adapters that adapt aftermarket AMP plugs to the d2s plugs.

to mount them you have to decide on a mounting method and use either long bolts or something to hold it.

Hopefully it fits in there, im doing some e39's from a bmw in mine and I had to shave the shit out of the projector.

go to the other site and see if the beam pattern is good enough to be even worth it.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
      check out hidplanet.com

but you will need a set of d2s adapters that adapt aftermarket AMP plugs to the d2s plugs.

to mount them you have to decide on a mounting method and use either long bolts or something to hold it.

Hopefully it fits in there, im doing some e39's from a bmw in mine and I had to shave the shit out of the projector.

go to the other site and see if the beam pattern is good enough to be even worth it.

Thanks for that help! I was going to try and long bolt them with a locking nut on the back to hold them on, and then JB weld them to make sure they STAY in place.

I saw your headlight shaving. I also have a few seven series projectors and a set of ///M3 projectors.

I got the FULL RS4 headlight for both driver and passenger for free, and got to view the beam pattern in a dark garage and they are FANTASTIC! thanks again for the reference

Comment

check my sig. the pics are small. that is the hid retro I did to my van.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/view...100&highlight=

on that thread thats me, i put bigger pictures. you have to be a member but it shows you how I mounted and sealed my retro on my van.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

this is a pretty advanced DIY, IMO you should have plenty of experience with fabrication before you attempt something on this scale or it could very easily end badly. the fact that you are asking these questions kind of shows that you dont yet have this experience. my suggestion is to get some headlights that you dont care about and try it on them first. i'm not trying to bash or flame, just offering a suggestion.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I just did some poking around on HIDplanet.com and there seems to be no plug adapter from the H7 bulbs to the 9005 plug.. .anyone know where to get two of them?

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
              check out hidplanet.com

hey while you're here, upload all those old pics from your mercury villager hid retrofit onto photobucket so we can see the pics. I've been looking up doing that on our 94 quest. The light output on the stock headlamps sucks the dicks!

Comment

I do have an extra set of STOCK headlight housings. I also have access to many other projectors so this is no worry..

Thanks for the concern tho

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
                  hey while you're here, upload all those old pics from your mercury villager hid retrofit onto photobucket so we can see the pics. I've been looking up doing that on our 94 quest. The light output on the stock headlamps sucks the dicks!
                  on the other site its re-hosted. if you dont want to go there let me know

honestly the retrofit isnt too bad. As long as your patient then you should be able to do a nice retrofit.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
                    ok buddy click on my link in my sig, its bigger pics. I was to lazy to put IMG haha so just click on them =)

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                    X