Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ballast location for HID's in headlights and fogs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballast location for HID's in headlights and fogs.

For those running HID's in your headlights and fogs, where did you mount you ballast/igniter box under the hood?

I ask this question because under our hoods are extremely tight, especially for an EX or SE. If you have to neatly place all four igniter boxes/ballast, where would be the best location to keep them looking like they belong there (looking stock, like the car came with them). I'm removing my cruise control module, so I was wondering would that be a good location?

Suggestions please.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

For my headlights I mounted my ballasts directly behind the headlights, just laid them flat there..As for my fogs, I mounted the ballasts in the front re-bar..Plenty of room there

I MIGHT have some pics of how these are mounted..If I can find them I'll post them up for you..

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

My passenger side headlight ballast I put upside down underneath where the battery tray sits....so in the space that the stock resonator box for the intake is located....its very clean and you can only see like 3 inches of wire from the back of the headlight.

The driver's side I ziptied and tucked under an AC line....not a good place...I'm still working on that one.
      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

When I replaced my headlights for 1 piece projectors, I installed the ballasts behind the front bumper.

Comment

behind the bumper.PEACE

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Working...
          X