No announcement yet.

suggestions on fog lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i used to have a set of piaa fog lights on my car.
    they were this lamp (or something extremely similar)

i had them installed all wrong- they were spliced into my wiper blades, and thus blinked when i had to hit my wipers! lol. even sadder is that i paid a "professional" to install them, and that's what i got!
    they also weren't secured tightly, and i kept moving them... one day one fell out and was destroyed on the road.

when i had them, and when i didn't have my wiper blades on, they gave pretty good visibility. i just didn't like the location i had them in (in between the bumper lenses).

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

theres a company called fusion and they make marine speakers and lights. ive got 4 fusion fogs on my wakeboard tower on my boat and i can light up the lake like crazy at night. u probly only want 2 but fusion is a really good brand. idk where to find them online. we got our setup from the local marina.

Comment

I am looking for fog lights too, anyone experience ones from ebay?

Comment

uncle_el:
          that's the problem nowadays with paying pros to do stuff like that. as long as it works when they install it and they get their money
          but thanks for the input!

93accordexcoupe:
          I've been lookin' for a little wile now and can't seem to find any info on them
          I will have to check out a marina store.
          ~~~~~~~

Comment

this is what i have on my boat, its 4 here on a light bar but if u call them u could probly get a discount on like an open box item and get 2 or something. steep price but thats for 4 lights, the bar, mounting hardware, and wiring kit. 2 lights should be under 100. they are so bright it is amazing. we were at a big party on the lake where there were fireworks being set off and we turned the lights on for a second and people flipped out. they all complained that they couldnt see the fireworks. fun stuff. it would be a cool mod if u could get a marine part put on ur car. no real difference in the car fogs and these tho.hope this helpsFusion Lights

These are the lights that fusion uses:
            • Uses Fusion rectangular 55 watt Xenon Charged Hyperbulb beam focused chrome driving lights
            Last edited by 93accordexcoupe; 12-06-2004, 07:55 PM.

Comment

They look ok I guess, but not quite what I'm lookin' for. like I said a littler earlier in the thread I didn't want any foglights that were blue.
              yellow or clear.

But thanks alot for the info. they look like very nice driving lights. they would probably be great for off roading or someone who has the cargo rack on the roof of their CB7
              ~~~~~~~

Comment

What about using a OEM CD5 set? I see them on ebay all the time. Just put a Hella H3 Yellowstar bulb in it.

I'm putting those bulbs in my OEM's to see what they'll do. I'm scared to run my 85 watt bulbs in my OEM's since they're plastic, but I believe teh CD5 is glass, and I know you should be able to get away with 85 watts there. They'd be super bright as well. My friend has this setup in his OEM fogs on his EG hatch, and they look perfect. They also do help.

Comment

I'm really thinking about a set of fogs from an EG coupe...they're really cheap and all over Ebay:

New Civic fogs

EK fogs

Those PIAA's look sick though. With a better harness and some 100W bulbs they'd be incredible. They're almost like ECE-spec bulbs, but without the flare...

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

nice man!! thanks for the links and info.

I think I'm going to hold off a bit untill I can get the good stuff aka PIAA, Hella or catz. I check pep boys and some other places tonight and all that stuff looks way too cheap to put on a CB7.
                    ~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                    X