Brake Lamp Light!? WTF is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Lamp Light!? WTF is this?

Ok, So I am driving over to my ladi'es house last night, when my brake light lamp indicator goes on. I just FINALLY replaced the ABS relay fuse, and now this happens! What causes this one to go off? The brakes work, as I put it in neutral, and got out ot check, but no..What is causing this light to go on? There is a LITTLE moisture in the corners of the rear light housings, but would that really be the cause of this problem? Someone help me..it confuses me.

-A. Swift
    CB7 member number 137
    Black Doubt Crew member #2
    Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

have u checked all the brake lights in the back? when the lights are on and when the brake is applied? since they are dual fillament (2 levels of lights) then one of the filaments may be broken somewhere...

so get someone to check if the lights turn on all the time.

in the 90-91 accords in the rear there is also a mini wedge bulb back there on the side, its hidden under a white piece of plastic illuminatingi the corner of the brake light...maybe that one is out///
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

yep i just had that happen, i had a bulb which had a dead filament.. just change all the rear bulbs and have a nice day =)

Comment

No idea. It sounds liek a dumb question, but it is weird. Like, the light didn't show for a while, then when I took a corner it went off. So, I figured it was brake fluid. But, that seems to be fine right now. Now, the light doesn't go off anymore. Weird..

btw, I got a job today at tires plus, as a tire technician...kinda exciting...

-A. Swift
        CB7 member number 137
        Black Doubt Crew member #2
        Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

I changed mine out a few months ago. I just changed one though. Anyway here is how you change it...

1) open trunk
          2) take a screw driver and remove the screw from the plastic cap over the bulbs
          3) Pull out the cap (it is hard to remove because there is a tab holding it in) I can't remember if the cap is actually attached to the bulb assembly or not. I think it is. Be careful not to break anything
          4) Once you get the cap out undo the wire connector from the light assembly
          5) Replace the bulbs
          6) connect wire connector again
          7) !!Important!!- When you put cap back in, make sure the silver reflective plate goes back into the appropriate slot. It is between the two bulbs. It will be very difficult to get in so be patient. Once you get it in place, put in the screw and your done.

Then all you have to do is check the bulbs which may be a good idea to do before you put the cap back in. Also I wouldn't tough the bulbs with your fingers. I don't think it is as important as with headlight bulbs but it is alwas a good idea.

Good luck! I hope this helps and if anyone knows an easier way to change them post it up. later.
          FSAE(F Series Accord Enthusiasts) "A dying breed..." #15

Need parts? Check out my 1990 EX part out!
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60011

www.clemsonscc.com

Comment

Working...
          X