Nissan 300zx retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nissan 300zx retrofit

anybody ever seen these projectors with Hids??? or seen somebody with the retrofit?? hows the output

300zx w/ HIDs:

It's amazing what Google can supply you with...

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

i tried man but in your opinion on a scale from 1 to 10 place the tsx retro fit and the Nissan 300zx

Comment

TSX > 300zx

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

ok i see the tsx are dominant, what about the Bmw745 projectors??? the reason im asking is because i want to retrofit but want the highest output possible

Comment

I have some of the 300zx projectors but didn't get the cutoff piece. I never installed them though lol. I think the TSX or BMW ones turn out nice though.

Comment

There is a guy around me that has a 300Z with a hid kid and it is not all that great. Just about anything I have seen is better than those. I wouldn't recommend wasting time with them especially when there are so many other choices out there.
              "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

I THINK....the best out there are the M35's

Comment

Originally posted by H22A91CB7 View Post
                  I THINK....the best out there are the M35's
                  m35 is not the best sorry, its actually pretty weak sauce when it comes to cut off, its just got colour because infinity uses koito 4900k bulbs, unlike most manufactures who tend to go with philips 4300k or osram 4300k, so the infinity will look more white/bluish,

some of the best are s2k, tl, rx330, tsx, e46

1993 CB6 Coupe Seattle Silver YR-94M

Originally posted by Acclude
                  4gens are win. It's in the bible somewhere.
                  yeah its verse 10.6:1

Members Ride Thread
                  1993 Accord Coupe- Summer ride
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130064
                  1995 Civic Coupe - Winter/DD
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...53#post2744953

Comment

For those who might be curious, TL lights:

If you're going to retrofit/transplant projectors, then get ones that are designed with HID in mind. Halogen projectors will not provide the clear cut-off that many are looking for, nor will it provide sufficient width and light dispersion on the ground. This is because they were designed for the lumen output of halogen bulbs.
                    Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

Originally posted by usc View Post
                      For those who might be curious, TL lights:

want.now.
                      wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                        want.now.
                        x2
                        The local asshole, 19 years in the making and still not giving a shit

Originally posted by mj213
                        Wait... don't you have a carbon fiber hood? You need to give your "bro" a cunt punt.

Originally posted by bizzyboi
                        He will defend his stance on raping his car to no end.

Comment

tl > s2k > tsx
                          Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                          Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                          JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

actually there is a company developing new projectors from old ones, they modify the FX projectors with a TSX-r (replica) lens and optimize it, to get results as the TLs but wayy better output and plus the fx are slightly smaller so people can fit them in their housings. They are also developing a S2K-Rprojectors but i havent seen the output, i heard they are amazing.

Honestly, if your ona budget, e46 projectors single xenon will work in our cars, but TLs are going to be damn hard to fit due to the solinoid.

Tsx does look really sharp though, and they fit!

www.theretrofitsource.com/forums

I did an FX projector retro in my van (boosted to 55 watts), I love them and couldnt ask for anything more.

IMO the 300zx looks crappy and i think they change the lens to get a better pattern but why not just get some TSX.
                            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by slick View Post
                              tl > s2k > tsx
                              your saying that cause what tl is bi-xenon? well if you didn't know there are single xenon projectors can can provide better output then bixenon, and tl's aren't necessary better then s2k, since they do offer a fesnel lense which makes them more of a glare kit then a sharp projector.

S2k are wider then tl just fyi.

but have a look yourself here is a modded tl projector with zkw lense vs a oem s2k

s2k on top, tl with zkw lense on bottom
                              you'll notice the s2k is wider then tl which is bi-xenon, othen then that the tl looks more colourful since it is using a zkw lense

turly bi-xenon is a waste of time since you can find single xenon projectors that can do a job just as good if not even better...

1993 CB6 Coupe Seattle Silver YR-94M

Originally posted by Acclude
                              4gens are win. It's in the bible somewhere.
                              yeah its verse 10.6:1

Members Ride Thread
                              1993 Accord Coupe- Summer ride
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130064
                              1995 Civic Coupe - Winter/DD
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...53#post2744953

Comment

Working...
                              X