No announcement yet.

Nissan 300zx retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe that comes down to subjectivity since how wide is wide enough? I think bottomline is as long as the projector was designed for originally for HID, it should be good enough to be used as retrofit/transplant.

It is of my opinion that people do not like fresnel lenses not because it causes more twinkle above the cut-off, it's more because they're obsessed with the look of clear lenses as well as the razor-sharp cut-off. This is fine and dandy in the city (and in Europe) since in the States, there's enough street lighting in the cities to light up signs and in Europe, signs have lights.

But, if you take a longer road trip, those HID projectors with fresnel lenses will light up street signs better, giving just enough straylight above the cut-off to reflect off the paint.

Again, different strokes for different folks, but the fresnel lenses do serve a purpose and function. Whether it satisfies one's cosmetic cup of tea, that's a different story.

I think what one can conclude here is any HID projector > 300zx projectors. Actually, there's one additional exception. 350z's projectors also blow horse ass. They tried some reflector/projector combination and the lighting on those suck compare to HID standards.
    Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

my friend has a 300zx 92 z32 and he seems to enjoy his 300zx retrofit that he has plus 300zx=sexy ass car.

Comment

Originally posted by 90blackcoupe View Post
        your saying that cause what tl is bi-xenon? well if you didn't know there are single xenon projectors can can provide better output then bixenon, and tl's aren't necessary better then s2k, since they do offer a fesnel lense which makes them more of a glare kit then a sharp projector.

S2k are wider then tl just fyi.

but have a look yourself here is a modded tl projector with zkw lense vs a oem s2k

s2k on top, tl with zkw lense on bottom
        you'll notice the s2k is wider then tl which is bi-xenon, othen then that the tl looks more colourful since it is using a zkw lense

turly bi-xenon is a waste of time since you can find single xenon projectors that can do a job just as good if not even better...

hah your comparing a bixenon projector to a single xenon projector, 2 differnt worlds.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by usc View Post
          I believe that comes down to subjectivity since how wide is wide enough? I think bottomline is as long as the projector was designed for originally for HID, it should be good enough to be used as retrofit/transplant.

It is of my opinion that people do not like fresnel lenses not because it causes more twinkle above the cut-off, it's more because they're obsessed with the look of clear lenses as well as the razor-sharp cut-off. This is fine and dandy in the city (and in Europe) since in the States, there's enough street lighting in the cities to light up signs and in Europe, signs have lights.

But, if you take a longer road trip, those HID projectors with fresnel lenses will light up street signs better, giving just enough straylight above the cut-off to reflect off the paint.

Again, different strokes for different folks, but the fresnel lenses do serve a purpose and function. Whether it satisfies one's cosmetic cup of tea, that's a different story.

I think what one can conclude here is any HID projector > 300zx projectors. Actually, there's one additional exception. 350z's projectors also blow horse ass. They tried some reflector/projector combination and the lighting on those suck compare to HID standards.

well said.

1993 CB6 Coupe Seattle Silver YR-94M

Originally posted by Acclude
          4gens are win. It's in the bible somewhere.
          yeah its verse 10.6:1

Members Ride Thread
          1993 Accord Coupe- Summer ride
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130064
          1995 Civic Coupe - Winter/DD
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...53#post2744953

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
            hah your comparing a bixenon projector to a single xenon projector, 2 differnt worlds.

you didnt' know? its just that everyday people talking about how bi-xenon is better then single xenon... and the facts are that its not all 100% true. yes bi-xenon is nice since it integrates the high/low beam together but if you can understand that there are single xenon projectors can dont need to to integrated high and low because they are powerful enough.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

enough talk,

my s2k oem no modding

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 90blackcoupe View Post
                you didnt' know? its just that everyday people talking about how bi-xenon is better then single xenon... and the facts are that its not all 100% true. yes bi-xenon is nice since it integrates the high/low beam together but if you can understand that there are single xenon projectors can dont need to to integrated high and low because they are powerful enough.
                and you have to understand that some people dont even have a high beam cause they have a hi/low bulb haha.

Im just saying that there are good options for those who need it.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                X