Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Higher Wattage bulb in OEM Fog

Hi all

I just ordered a set of H3's for my fogs. I guess they're 85 watt. Will I melt the stock housing?

Re: Re: Higher Wattage bulb in OEM Fog

Originally posted by SteveB
    I hope so.
    damn thats harsh dude, why would you hope that?
    '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
    -'93 BRP LX 4AT
    -'92 AGP LX 5MT
    -'93 AGP EX 4AT
    10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

I hope so.
      ?
      Yeah Steve... even for you that harsh... and you're usually pretty brash as it is!

Comment

I hope so.
        Was that necessary, asshole?

I just wanted a yes or no answer from someone with experience. I know headlights can melt, but since H3 is so small, I figured I might be able to get away with it.

I decided to order a different set instead.

Thanks br0nx
        Last edited by cp[mike]; 11-15-2004, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Higher Wattage bulb in OEM Fog

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
          Was that necessary, asshole?

I just wanted a yes or no answer from someone with experience. I know headlights can melt, but since H3 is so small, I figured I might be able to get away with it.

I decided to order a different set instead.

Thanks br0nx
          no problem, i actually wanted to ask the same question.

i've been fiending to actually get some oe fogs, and then throw HIDs in. i have a light fetish, and my windshield's tinted so anything that helps, helps greatly.

but can anyone answer this, can it withstand the higher watt (85w) that accordwarrior wants to use, or even HIDs?

Prev CBs:
          -'93 BRP LX 4AT
          -'92 AGP LX 5MT
          -'93 AGP EX 4AT

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Higher Wattage bulb in OEM Fog

Originally posted by br0nx finest
            no problem, i actually wanted to ask the same question.

i've been fiending to actually get some oe fogs, and then throw HIDs in. i have a light fetish, and my windshield's tinted so anything that helps, helps greatly.

but can anyone answer this, can it withstand the higher watt (85w) that accordwarrior wants to use, or even HIDs?
            A point of interest...an HID kit is like using a 35 watt bulb. I decided not to use the 85 watt lights. I spent too much on these lights to begin with, know what I mean?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Higher Wattage bulb in OEM Fog

A point of interest...an HID kit is like using a 35 watt bulb. I decided not to use the 85 watt lights. I spent too much on these lights to begin with, know what I mean?
              well then HIDs, here we come (saying that, i realize i won't be able to do this, until i can afford another set, and fogs).

thanks, yeah i know whatchu mean. too bad our fogs are mostly a visual appeal, not really as usable like protege5s or WRXs.

Prev CBs:
              -'93 BRP LX 4AT
              -'92 AGP LX 5MT
              -'93 AGP EX 4AT

Comment

Re: Higher Wattage bulb in OEM Fog

Hi all

I just ordered a set of H3's for my fogs. I guess they're 85 watt. Will I melt the stock housing?
                I dunno about 90-91's but for 92-93's, my answer is nope! I have high wattage ion bulbs in my fogs and no signs of warping etc. The lense of the fogs get as warm as putting higher wattage bulbs in headlamps.... but not to the point where its going to start distorting anything. Only thing I recommend doing is upgrading your harness to take them if you are using off brand bulbs.

Piaas or Raybrigs you won't have to worry that much for overworking your harness since they are are using your stock current output and give off a higher looking output....but I don't recommend using brands such as Hiper Industries or Nokya's which draw a whole lot more current. They will melt your harness after time. I speak from experience. =)
                I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

I am thinking about using Nokya's in my fogs, should I upgrade my harness to save myself the trouble in the long run, and what kind of wattage and amps of Nokya's did you use
                  thanks
                  gtseviper
                  New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
                  tsx retrofit
                  f22b dohc boosted
                  custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

Working...
                  X