Headlights won't come on. Blinker won't Blink or shut off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlights won't come on. Blinker won't Blink or shut off

So i installed my foggies recently and now my passenger blinker is stuck on. Sometimes.
    When i put the key to IGN the blinker and dash blinker will stay on. but the dash one is dim.
    If i try to put that blinker on it won't do anything. the other one is fine.
    If i put the hazards on, that blinker shuts off when the other is on.
    When it does this my headlights don't come on. but fogs do.
    If i leave the hazards on long enough the headlights will come on for a while.
    but while im driving down a bumpy road, the will go on and off. alternating with the blinker.

WTF.

Im going to tear into it tomorrow but i wanted to see if anyone had a thought that could help me along.

disconnect how ever you wired up the fogs because obviously you did it incorrectly.
    wat?

Comment

are you using the factory harness and relays?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
        disconnect how ever you wired up the fogs because obviously you did it incorrectly.

already did that and it didn't help. The only thing that goes inline with anything else is the "C" harness that connects to the bays fuse box. tried it and nothing

Originally posted by Leung View Post
        are you using the factory harness and relays?
        Yessir. I pulled everything from a JY CB.

Im going to trouble shoot it tomorrow. i doubt it has anything to do with the fogs though. it sounds like an open wire grounding out or something because it's sparatic.

Comment

bed time bump.

Comment

WOW.....the same exact thing happened to my car last week. I have no headlights and my right blinker gets stuck on. I never found the problem though, and im back at college now so I cant fix it until spring.
            ALL PARTS MUST GO
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157038

Link to my turbobuild/members ride
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=110483

Comment

Originally posted by rossisalvage View Post
              WOW.....the same exact thing happened to my car last week. I have no headlights and my right blinker gets stuck on. I never found the problem though, and im back at college now so I cant fix it until spring.
              well sir i don't have a choice but to fix it. Ill take pics of whateverit is i guess to make it easier for you.

Comment

bad relay possibly?
                1993 Accord LX - Sold
                93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

all fixed. it was i guess a relay. the off white one bolted to the chassis by the battery. it's ties into the main light harness. the bolt was loose to it would go in and out. I think it might be the main ground for that harness.

I know for sure thats what it was. while i was loosening it, it was sparking just a little bit and the lights would go back and forth. tightened. Fixed. ill snap a pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                    all fixed. it was i guess a relay. the off white one bolted to the chassis by the battery. it's ties into the main light harness. the bolt was loose to it would go in and out. I think it might be the main ground for that harness.

I know for sure thats what it was. while i was loosening it, it was sparking just a little bit and the lights would go back and forth. tightened. Fixed. ill snap a pic.
                    Thats a ground point not a relay fyi.
                    wat?

Comment

yeah i wasn't sure. i said both. either a relay or a main ground for the harness.
                      Now im getting hyperblinkers on both sides. i just replaced the rears today so imma see whats up with some new from bulbs.
                      Or would missing a bulb in my corner light do that too?

Comment

Allright sweet Ill have to check mine out, its gonna be a pita though cause of my wire tuck.
                        ALL PARTS MUST GO

Comment

I cant get mine to work. Same exact problems. I wiggled my group its tight and all no sparks. I have no idea what to do... any suggestions?
                          ALL PARTS MUST GO

Comment

good to know, guess i need to bolt that back up this should get my low beams working again.
                            1990 Frost White EX Coupe F23A1 - PART OUT
                            01 DC4

Comment

Originally posted by nighthawk View Post
                              good to know, guess i need to bolt that back up this should get my low beams working again.
                              Sweet. glad my little perdicament and solution can help.

Comment

Working...
                              X