H.I.D concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H.I.D concerns

I just got my kit for my jdm headlights and on the instructions it shows on the diagram a relay for the kit but mine didnt come with one, so i was wondering what are the risks for not running a relay and could i run them without a relay, i searched but nothing was said if to use a relay or not
    Last edited by mr_adrenalin714; 02-24-2009, 01:21 AM.

you can run them without a relay. it's better to have one then not, you could melt your harness from what i've heard if you didn't have one.

FS: OEM Fuel Filter, ES Tie Rod Boots, Chrome Bulbs

Comment

Originally posted by lo_dit View Post
      you can run them without a relay. it's better to have one then not, you could melt your harness from what i've heard if you didn't have one.
      My only questions to that is, dont your headlight fuses blow instead of melting your harness

Comment

if it runs too much power then yeah, i tried to run 2 HID kits at once, blew fuses every time i tried so i had to buy a relay. problem solved.

FS: OEM Fuel Filter, ES Tie Rod Boots, Chrome Bulbs

Comment

An upgraded harness is not necessary but will help your old stock wires.
          HID's need only 35 watts and halogen 55 watts, only at start hid's need more power.

Advance auto parts sell and auxiliary harness for $12.

Comment

I would not run HID's without a relay. You run the risk of messing up your whole electrical system.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
            Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
            My member's ride

Comment

Working...
            X