Projector question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4doorex93
    i have the same ones heres where i got mine for $149.00 plus shipping.
    http://www.procarparts.com/store-lis...CORD&year=1993
    How do you like the lighting on it? How is it compared ot stock housings? Very interested.

Comment

Been loosely browsing around ... was under the impression here most if not all aftermarket projector assemblies were low-quality/poor lighting. Are these an exception, or are you all hyped on these because of their looks?

Personally, I have no interest in stock JDM or other right-hand-drive lights, so I guess that leaves rare E-codes or projectors that are supposedly DOT-approved. Just trying to let you all know what's important to me: seeing down the road well without blinding others.

I think what I'd be interested in would be something that could use D2 HID bulbs for example, if that makes sense.

Despite appearances, yes I have searched and read stickies here.
      Last edited by deckeda; 11-02-2004, 03:14 AM.
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

here you go guys:

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
        JDM H22
        Port n Polished Int Mani
        Bored TB, maxed
        MSD 6A
        I/H/E
        no cat
        [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

they are made by APC but my set up is different. I got rid of the APC crappy projector and retrofitted some Audi S4 HID projecotrs.

93' Accord (Sold )
          JDM H22
          Port n Polished Int Mani
          Bored TB, maxed
          MSD 6A
          I/H/E
          no cat

Comment

1. On the Procarparts link provided by 4doorex93, some are listed as '90-'93 --- anyone know how that can be the case if different grilles and corners are necessary, depending on if it's '90/'91 vs. '92/'93?

2. Also, acch22, I think you answered another question I had elsewhere, namely, as long as you have quality projectors (the Audi pieces for example) an aftermarket Accord projector housing is fine --- 'cause you just yanked out the included crap halogen projectors anyway.

I guess the point then becomes that by using the aftermarket projector housing, it's a better starting point then say, a reflector housing since there's no reflector to battle ... again, just talking to myself here, but somebody feel free to correct my thinking.

3. Wildcard thought: What would be nice to have, would be a projector housing that included quality halogen projectors --- something with a beam pattern better than regular USDM DOT reflectors --- allowing good halogen lighting until a swichover to HID and HID projectors could be done. Make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by deckeda
              1. On the Procarparts link provided by 4doorex93, some are listed as '90-'93 --- anyone know how that can be the case if different grilles and corners are necessary, depending on if it's '90/'91 vs. '92/'93?

2. Also, acch22, I think you answered another question I had elsewhere, namely, as long as you have quality projectors (the Audi pieces for example) an aftermarket Accord projector housing is fine --- 'cause you just yanked out the included crap halogen projectors anyway.

I guess the point then becomes that by using the aftermarket projector housing, it's a better starting point then say, a reflector housing since there's no reflector to battle ... again, just talking to myself here, but somebody feel free to correct my thinking.

3. Wildcard thought: What would be nice to have, would be a projector housing that included quality halogen projectors --- something with a beam pattern better than regular USDM DOT reflectors --- allowing good halogen lighting until a swichover to HID and HID projectors could be done. Make sense?
              2. - exactly

and to answer # 3 - No, because the Holgen projector is made for hologen, the focal points for HID will be all wrong. The only halogen projector that works with HID is the Valeo H7, and that would be a retro anyway.

93' Accord (Sold )
              JDM H22
              Port n Polished Int Mani
              Bored TB, maxed
              MSD 6A
              I/H/E
              no cat

Comment

Originally posted by acch22
                the Holgen projector is made for hologen, the focal points for HID will be all wrong. The only halogen projector that works with HID is the Valeo H7, and that would be a retro anyway.
                Right, right --- I wasn't being clear. What I meant to say was, "until an HID projector swap could later be done to the housings." Similar to what you did at the outset.

Comment

Working...
                X