My JDM Headlight Retrofit (Pictures!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mak View Post
    LOL I learned the hard way.. however, I didn't blow any fuses.. it just sparks like a b!tch and makes a BZZZTT noise with my ballasts

-mak

PS: If you wouldn't mind, could you PM me the parts you used to make those projectors look the way they do? I'd like to make my own shrouds and mounts and re-do my retrofit.
    My parts were 2 6in. drip pan from Home Depot, and 2 2in. flanges.

Know your projector measurements and make sure you can cut them perfectly.

NWTuner.com

Comment

ur passenger rotation is a little off....

i love retros. people do look and are like, damn!

i just love them cause people who go cheap with plug and play units only piss me off cause they glare and dont really help. retrofits do cost more but in the end its worth it....i did a bi-xenon setup in my van...sickness.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
        ur passenger rotation is a little off....

i love retros. people do look and are like, damn!

i just love them cause people who go cheap with plug and play units only piss me off cause they glare and dont really help. retrofits do cost more but in the end its worth it....i did a bi-xenon setup in my van...sickness.
        I rotated the right projector so it would catch signs. I didn't want a completely straight cut off.

I dislike kits as well. Not safe for other drivers. I also don't like the really blue ones. Mine are 4300k and I don't see why anyone would ever need any more kelvin's then that.

NWTuner.com

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17 View Post
          Looks good Erik, keep it up!
          Thanks yeamans :P

Here is what it looks like in daylight all buttoned up:

If you want more pictures, or info, i'm always available at www.mycb7.com

NWTuner.com

Comment

i like it!
            I old cars
            Syndicate
            87' Mazda rx7 TII - not stock
            90' Honda Accord coupe - stock

Comment

man im lovin those smoked corners on that thing..hoping to so my corners like that soon.

Comment

Originally posted by J'SR@C3R1_818 View Post
                man im lovin those smoked corners on that thing..hoping to so my corners like that soon.
                Took about 20+ coats of Krylon Yellow Staind Glass paint. If you have JDM Headlights make sure to tape off the chrome behind the clear corner lens (What you will paint yellow) then spray the insert black (of course after removal out of the headlight housing). Good luck. When doing them, when you think you have enough coats...do another coat... and then hold it up to the light to make sure its amber enough.

NWTuner.com

Comment

Originally posted by mycb7.com View Post
                  Took about 20+ coats of Krylon Yellow Staind Glass paint. If you have JDM Headlights make sure to tape off the chrome behind the clear corner lens (What you will paint yellow) then spray the insert black (of course after removal out of the headlight housing). Good luck. When doing them, when you think you have enough coats...do another coat... and then hold it up to the light to make sure its amber enough.
                  wow the krylon yellow stained paint made it look amber like that? I got some of that in the trunk now. I'm gonna do mine with that if you are telling the truth instead of paying 30 bucks for that small can of amber on ebay.
                  My CB For Sale

Comment

Damn eric...you finally made it back to ol cb7tuner eh?...the retro fit looks great bro.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

cool job man alot of work but it sure paid off

Comment

yea them hoes are clean thats for sure
                        93 Honda Accord Lx
                        Check it out A.O.M. 11/2014

Comment

Originally posted by jtek24 View Post
                          wow the krylon yellow stained paint made it look amber like that? I got some of that in the trunk now. I'm gonna do mine with that if you are telling the truth instead of paying 30 bucks for that small can of amber on ebay.
                          $30 Waste of money, lol. Yes, enough of the Krylon Yellow turns amber Can check the DIY on mycb7.com, I think I posted all the pictures from doing it.

Originally posted by civic_90_08 View Post
                          Damn eric...you finally made it back to ol cb7tuner eh?...the retro fit looks great bro.

-Jordan
                          Thanks Jordan.

Originally posted by wagonkid View Post
                          cool job man alot of work but it sure paid off
                          Originally posted by blackenwkn View Post
                          yea them hoes are clean thats for sure

Thanks for the compliments guys.

NWTuner.com

Comment

seen your daytime pic on mycb7... get some plastic polish ( i think jdm are plastic not 100% sure) and make them look sexy
                            R.I.P Mulberry Red Pearl 90'ex
                            SASKCB7 Tuner

Searching for a CB7, within 1000m of me

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.x View Post
                              seen your daytime pic on mycb7... get some plastic polish ( i think jdm are plastic not 100% sure) and make them look sexy
                              Ahh yes... I know the plastic needs help I've been busy working on getting the H22A running properly.

NWTuner.com

Comment

Thought I would post up the headlights, sanded, and polished. They don't look like this anymore, they are filthy right now, fuck winter.

NWTuner.com

Comment

Working...
                                X