Help with my retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with my retrofit

Ok well since I had a wreck i had to put my retro on the back burner. Anyways back to what this is about...... I got everything mocked up just for aiming before I JBweld them up.

I don't know how to aim them other that adjusting my screws that hold the projector in. I know i can rotate them and what not but cannot find anywhere on here how to aim them. I have checked all the retrofit threads and what not.

I don't feel like becoming a member on HID planet just for the answer to this so please don't suggest that.

Here are some pics of what i have so far with no shroud or anything. Just the projectors and the bulbs on

Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
    Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
    JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

looking good man! you're further than me! lol, I kinda got sick in mexico over the past 3 days of straight up drinking so the TSX retro has to wait for next weekend. Plus the HID's I'm supposed to get, the guy's outta town so i gotta wait for him to get back. But yeah the aiming screws just aims the headlights left/right, the up/down you have to fix on the projector itself, prob. w/ washers I assume.

I got some long screws, nylon spacers, and a bunch of other hardware from Ace to do this. I just took measurements of the length from where I wanted the projector and cut the spacers to size so it would keep the proj. straight.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
      looking good man! you're further than me! lol, I kinda got sick in mexico over the past 3 days of straight up drinking so the TSX retro has to wait for next weekend. Plus the HID's I'm supposed to get, the guy's outta town so i gotta wait for him to get back. But yeah the aiming screws just aims the headlights left/right, the up/down you have to fix on the projector itself, prob. w/ washers I assume.

I got some long screws, nylon spacers, and a bunch of other hardware from Ace to do this. I just took measurements of the length from where I wanted the projector and cut the spacers to size so it would keep the proj. straight.

see i had all this done along time ago i was waiting on my harness and the day i got it I had a wreck so.... i just figured i would try it out since i had my bumper off changing it and getting it ready for the bumper pole (no one will help me with)

I figured i would have to adjust my mounting screws but how do you rotate or whatever you can do to help? I read a thread where gemini said his need rotation
      Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.

Comment

wow no one helps me

Comment

i k now more people have projectors and should be able to help. I know 3 off hand

Comment

are you using usdm or jdm headlights for your retrofit? it is easier to use jdm lights b/c the low beam is adjusted separately from the high beam. Using the usdm lights you have to aim them as you mount them b/c later it is easy to get the low beams kinda aimed correctly and then have oddly aimed high beams or vice-versa. i used jdm lights and the only kind of issue when mounting them was rotational adjustments.
            http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord
              are you using usdm or jdm headlights for your retrofit? it is easier to use jdm lights b/c the low beam is adjusted separately from the high beam. Using the usdm lights you have to aim them as you mount them b/c later it is easy to get the low beams kinda aimed correctly and then have oddly aimed high beams or vice-versa. i used jdm lights and the only kind of issue when mounting them was rotational adjustments.
              i am using JDM 1 pieces. What is rotational adjustments? How do you do it? I know how to correct the aim on the low beams but tightening the 3 screws that hold the housing in i just need to know what the rotational adjustment is

Comment

rotation is how level the cutoff appears relative to the ground, its just when you look at the cutoff against a wall seeing that the cutoff isnt level. There is a way to mount projectors with l brackets and orings to get some level of rotational adjustment, i dont know how its done. I used JDM lights, I just checked the cutoff as i was working with them and they came out pretty good.
                http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

yea, mess around with the rotation screws.

Comment

ok so thats it mess with the little rotational screws on the back of the headlight assembly?

wow that not what i was expecting thanks for the help guys

Comment

ok well im back again with questions. im stuck in a jam. here are pics of my projectors aim. i have them about the same level but the problem im having is getting the cutoff to come together like everyone else. this is one of the last things holding me up on being finished so please help.

i hope you can see what im talking about. here is an example (most people with a tsx retro their cutoff is like this ___/-----) well you get the point mine is like this __/__/

Comment

It still looks good! Do you have a DIY?

having a cutoff like that doesnt seem to be a big deal to me. Would it be for the DMV?

Comment

Originally posted by ampao
                          It still looks good! Do you have a DIY?

having a cutoff like that doesnt seem to be a big deal to me. Would it be for the DMV?
                          there is already a diy here is the link

here is a pic from that link. look at his cutoff and look at mine. i cannot get mine like his for the life of me.

Comment

up need help asap

Comment

iono looks good to me. his car is further away from the wall than yours so it might look like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X