No announcement yet.

Help with my retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest Slick it looks really good, and I think that is how it is supposed to be. I dont remember 100% sure, but I think the HID's in my brothers Audi cutoff like that. Again though, I think, I dont remember for certain.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

/\ well look at my 2 pics and then look at the guys i posted. its 2 different patterns
      Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
      Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
      JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

the way you get that cut off is that the passenger side projector is aimed slightly higher to illuminate road signs. when it is raised its lower portion of the cut off is inline with the upper part or the driver side cut off.

you have it aimed like this: ____/ ____/

it should go something like this:
        *****_____/
        _____/
        not to this extreme of course, but you get the point?

:ignore the asterisks, firefox is being odd.
        Last edited by SSMAccord; 05-28-2008, 04:59 AM.
        http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

man I think the cutoff looks fine! lol, you're too anal about it. If you look at Flyp's projector cutoff, he is about 40 ft away from the wall. You're about 10 ft away from your garage. So naturally, each projector has it's cutoff piece and is going to show that way on the wall that close. If you drive, you'd want it this way, b/c you'd get a wider visibility of light vs. having them both focus inward like that, then you'll lose visibility on the sides.

This is how my TSX retrofit looks whenever I'm really close to a car or am parking my car in front of the garage like you showed. Its totally normal man. No need to worry about little details like that. They look perfectly horizontal, and that's the main issue of importance in aiming the projectors.

See this is what my cutoff looks like from FAR away like 40+ft away.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
            man I think the cutoff looks fine! lol, you're too anal about it. If you look at Flyp's projector cutoff, he is about 40 ft away from the wall. You're about 10 ft away from your garage. So naturally, each projector has it's cutoff piece and is going to show that way on the wall that close. If you drive, you'd want it this way, b/c you'd get a wider visibility of light vs. having them both focus inward like that, then you'll lose visibility on the sides.

This is how my TSX retrofit looks whenever I'm really close to a car or am parking my car in front of the garage like you showed. Its totally normal man. No need to worry about little details like that. They look perfectly horizontal, and that's the main issue of importance in aiming the projectors.

See this is what my cutoff looks like from FAR away like 40+ft away.

i know im anal about it thats why i wanna make sure it looks perfect. you may think it looks ok but i see your cutoff and then i look at mine and they look totally different. i dont get it.

Originally posted by SSMAccord
            the way you get that cut off is that the passenger side projector is aimed slightly higher to illuminate road signs. when it is raised its lower portion of the cut off is inline with the upper part or the driver side cut off.

you have it aimed like this: ____/ ____/

it should go something like this:
            ***** _____/
            _____/
            not to this extreme of course, but you get the point?

:ignore the asterisks, firefox is being odd.
            but if i did that my cut off would look more like this
            ****/___
            __/-- right?
            Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.

Comment

even though u said not to, signing on to hidforums was the best thing i ever did.

hidplanet.com
              high-intensity.org
              retrofitsource.com

best to get their ideas in there and incorporate it into your own.

i did when i did my retro.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=98147

my left has a rotational issue but its all good....i called it a day.
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                even though u said not to, signing on to hidforums was the best thing i ever did.

hidplanet.com
                high-intensity.org
                retrofitsource.com

best to get their ideas in there and incorporate it into your own.

i did when i did my retro.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=98147

my left has a rotational issue but its all good....i called it a day.
                i have followed up on your retro very well. your cut off looks like mine so i guess its time to seal them up and call it a day

Comment

Use the horizontal adjustment on the headlight to bring them closer together.

The highbeam makes it harder to see, but the 2 individual cutoffs should be closer together.

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe
                    Use the horizontal adjustment on the headlight to bring them closer together.

The highbeam makes it harder to see, but the 2 individual cutoffs should be closer together.

i know what your talking about and i have the JDM 1 piece headlights so when i try to bring them closer together it doesn't work. i have the screws almost all the way out since if i screw them all the way in i would imagine the beams would be further apart

Comment

Are you adjusting only 1 light or both? Because you have to adjust both horizontal and vertical on both the lights to get it perfect. If the way you mounted the projector is limiting your adjustment then you have to take it out and position 1 of the projectors to shoot inward more.

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe
                        Are you adjusting only 1 light or both? Because you have to adjust both horizontal and vertical on both the lights to get it perfect. If the way you mounted the projector is limiting your adjustment then you have to take it out and position 1 of the projectors to shoot inward more.
                        i adjusted both both ways

Originally posted by yeamans17
                        Slick, the beam pattern you are showing is how the TSX's are adjusted from the factory. When you adjust them closer together you lose a little bit of width on the pattern.
                        no those are pics from flip's retro. my beam pattern is nothing like his

Comment

if u cant adjust no more then u have to remount the projectors to get a more acurate mount.
                          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                            if u cant adjust no more then u have to remount the projectors to get a more acurate mount.
                            well screw that they are already mounted up. ill just adjust them as much as i can and be done

Comment

Or you can sell the set up to me n start fresh

Hustle Hard! This is a design of some gear I've been workin on.

Comment

Working...
                              X