Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EF Civic Rear Fog

sup guys,
    i recently got a set on ebay. question is do they have the same mounting bracket as the accord?

also i have a 91 accord but i have a 9293 backend. the bumper i dont care about but does the bumper support have the space for the fog? or will i have to make the place to put it also.

EF's have two rear fogs don't they. Do you have two? I'd put one on and sell the other one. Then again it would probly look good with two.

Comment

all honda rear fog lights are the same except for the mounting, but it'll work regardless. Caster X's DIY said he had to cut hus rear bumper support to allow space for the rear fog.

Comment

yes i do have two. im still debating if i should put one or two. if i put one ill save the other juz incase one gets fucked up i still have another one to put. i live in the city and people are always fucking up ur bumpers.

Comment

Nah put one bud i was thinking about doing that to mines as well..
          accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
          ....................My New Baby
          SOLD TO
          ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by DRzCB72nr
            sup guys,
            i recently got a set on ebay. question is do they have the same mounting bracket as the accord?

also i have a 91 accord but i have a 9293 backend. the bumper i dont care about but does the bumper support have the space for the fog? or will i have to make the place to put it also.
            92-93's never came with the option as the EDM accords have fogs built into the rear tailamp like various volvo's already. For 90-91 Accords, they usually have 2 Just like the EF civics one for each side. A lot of people are following the fad of putting only one, but I posted in another similar thread to this of my jdm brochure showing 2.

It doesn't matter which fog you get whether it's from a EF civic, prelude etc. because this part is mainly Hondas Universal Add-in rear foglamp for all cars whether it be a civic, accord, prelude, ascot etc. The bracket is pretty much the same as well. It works just like the accord/prelude rear sidemarker brackets where it just sandwiches the outter fog moulding portion to the inner bumper.

You will find this foglamp if it never had a built in tailamp option and required by the vehicles location by law. I haven't confirmed yet, but to my knowledge this fog can be seen all the way up to 2000 vehicles but I'm unsure if they got rid of it for newer vehicles because of it's aged look.
            Last edited by Kurobei; 02-18-2008, 06:49 AM.
            I need a custom turbo manifold built....
            707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
            "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
            '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto
              all honda rear fog lights are the same except for the mounting, but it'll work regardless. Caster X's DIY said he had to cut hus rear bumper support to allow space for the rear fog.
              I dont think there are all the same bud...now might be wrong but to my knowledge the EDM rear fog is flushed with the bracket and the JDM version is pushed further inwards..

My Old Baby
              SOLD TO

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR
                I dont think there are all the same bud...now might be wrong but to my knowledge the EDM rear fog is flushed with the bracket and the JDM version is pushed further inwards..
                Nope they are all the same in design as far as the lamp and shrouds go to my knowledge. I don't think Honda differed that aspect like usdm vs jdm foglamps.
                "Thizz Bizz R' Uz"

Hear my pussy ROAR!

V-TAK
                Variable Transistor Accumulator Kinetosizor

Comment

^^^ Perhaps but at one point i had both types of fogs...one is on my cb and the other i sold and they were different..

My Old Baby
                  SOLD TO

Comment

i still havent put them on. its like being a kid and not being able to open a gift! i just dont want to have them on and still be parking in ny streets.

Comment

Working...
                    X