Bumper pole help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumper pole help.

i just bought a jdm bumper pole off of "Mr.Phil" so now ive been searching for some definitive "DIY". but to no avail, i know i need the relay, which i dont have, and judging by this quote i stole from one of "cp[mike]"s posts in a bumper pole thread i found from a while back, he was working on rigging something up -
    there are 4 wires on it, 2 give power to the light, 2 are for the motor (switch polarity to reverse direction)- the thing is, the light doesnt light up until the pole is fully extended... so im gonna use a relay on the light power wires to switch off the motor the moment the light turns on. i dont know how im gonna turn it off once it goes all the way down tho ill figure it out.
    so has anyone come up with a solid wiring diagram without the stock relay? or should i not even both wasting my time and find myself a stock relay...OR is there a usdm vehicle of sorts that has some form of relay that can be used? any help would be appreciated, as my thoughts on this are a little foggy.

JDMRIDES.ca

Originally posted by lowakkord
    i just bought a jdm bumper pole off of "Mr.Phil" so now ive been searching for some definitive "DIY". but to no avail, i know i need the relay, which i dont have, and judging by this quote i stole from one of "cp[mike]"s posts in a bumper pole thread i found from a while back, he was working on rigging something up -

so has anyone come up with a solid wiring diagram without the stock relay? or should i not even both wasting my time and find myself a stock relay...OR is there a usdm vehicle of sorts that has some form of relay that can be used? any help would be appreciated, as my thoughts on this are a little foggy.

just use an up/down pole switch switch, that way you won't need a $$ OEM timer relay.

I have one if you'd like. You have PM.
    DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17
      if you ask me really nicely i can get you the name of an ebay seller who went and dug up a relay for me
      pretty pretty pretty please?

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

dude i have a raise lower switch and the harness and a foot of wiring. pm me and ill send pics... ill take anything for it.. let me know,

Comment

any relays?

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

Ohh so its you who bought the pole from my boy..lucky bastard..lol. PM him because he hooked up his...
            accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
            ....................My New Baby
            SOLD TO
            ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR
              Ohh so its you who bought the pole from my boy..lucky bastard..lol. PM him because he hooked up his...
              yeah i heard, he said hes gonna send me some info...kinda excited. he shipped it out today! t-minus 5 days and a huge usps bill later. lol.

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

Working...
              X