real jdm bumber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

real jdm bumber

ok i was about to buy a REAL JDM FRONT BUMBER with the fogs and bumber pole,but i noticed that the pole was on the driver side??but when i look at some of you guys JDM BUMBERS its on the passenger side so can a real jdm enthusiest tell me if this is real or not
    i LOVE jdM

Well usually the Bumper pole is on the USDM driver side I would think since they do drive on the opposite side of the road. And people probably just modified the bumper to accomodate them on the passenger side.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

thats what i was think too but the bumber,fogs,pole,wire,and switch he wants $250 and im definitly jumping on this deal
      i LOVE jdM

Comment

primesniper has a jdm 90-91 bumper and he told me that he has the marking on the inside of the bumper on both ends

Comment

Originally posted by AirRide Accord
          primesniper has a jdm 90-91 bumper and he told me that he has the marking on the inside of the bumper on both ends
          hmmmm interestin
          i LOVE jdM

Comment

The purpose of the bumper pole is to see the far corner of the bumper, aka the corner of the car at the max distance from the driver.

On a JDM RHD car, the pole would be located on the USDM driver's side, as it would be the furthest point from the driver. People in the US put them on the passenger side to make them function.

Man, I wish I didn't sell mine right now.

Comment

Originally posted by AirRide Accord
              Really what about the 92/3 bumper..
              accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
              ....................My New Baby
              SOLD TO
              ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

i don't have the cutout marking on my 92-93 bumper. i have the fog and intersection light though .
                1cor10:31
                - 92 LX coupe
                - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Well another thing to look our for either on the 90-91 or 92-93 JDM front bumpers is that they have the recessed dent to place the JDM license plates flush with the bumper (sorry I have no pix to show what I’m talking about). That’s one thing I notice if it’s a real JDM bumper or not. Aight, laters.
                  Hi

Comment

Originally posted by 92ACCORD_CB7
                    Well another thing to look our for either on the 90-91 or 92-93 JDM front bumpers is that they have the recessed dent to place the JDM license plates flush with the bumper (sorry I have no pix to show what I’m talking about). That’s one thing I notice if it’s a real JDM bumper or not. Aight, laters.
                    not all JDm bumpers had the plate recess, keep that in mind too

and, yes, there are markings on both sides for the parking pole, on the 9091 and 9293

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                    Honda Accord Euro-R
                    Honda Odyssey Absolute
                    Honda City I-DSi
                    Honda Stream

Comment

Originally posted by 92ACCORD_CB7
                      What you probably saw was a JDM Wagon or JDM 2.2i exclusive front bumper. Those technically aren't "JDM" but USDM bumpers fitted with JDM parts. Wagons were built here in the states and also the 2.2i exclusive Cars. All JDM accords had 2.0 liter motors as the highest and the Eagle Badged "Honda of America" Wagons, Coupes, Sedans were special editions over there which featured the USDM 2.2 liter F22A6 motor (but it was marked F22A) What was cool also is that Japanese people had the option of getting these CB7's in either RHD or LHD configuration! When I was in Japan I saw jdm CB7 that was LHD and was thinking wth?!? until I did some research. Skylines were optional in LHD and RHD too for the true hardcore japanese driver....and even ugly jdm dodge neons.

Sometimes on e-bay sellers sell them as "JDM" bumpers because yeah...they came from Japan and sure they may have poles or intersection lamps...but really they are really JDM equipped usdm bumpers in reality.
                      Last edited by Kurobei; 05-24-2007, 06:47 AM.
                      I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                      707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                      "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                      '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei
                        What you probably saw was a JDM Wagon or JDM 2.2i exclusive front bumper. Those technically aren't "JDM" but USDM bumpers fitted with JDM parts. Wagons were built here in the states and also the 2.2i exclusive Cars. All JDM accords had 2.0 liter motors as the highest and the Eagle Badged "Honda of America" Wagons, Coupes, Sedans were special editions over there which featured the USDM 2.2 liter F22A6 motor (but it was marked F22A) What was cool also is that Japanese people had the option of getting these CB7's in either RHD or LHD configuration! When I was in Japan I saw jdm CB7 that was LHD and was thinking wth?!? until I did some research. Skylines were optional in LHD and RHD too for the true hardcore japanese driver....and even ugly jdm dodge neons.

Sometimes on e-bay sellers sell them as "JDM" bumpers because yeah...they came from Japan and sure they may have poles or intersection lamps...but really they are really JDM equipped usdm bumpers in reality.
                        yerp, i agree with Kurobei-san..

i saw a halfcut of a CB7 that came from Japan (had the Japanese chassis plate, but it said CB7, and F22A engine), but its chassis code was E-CB7-XXXXXX, not JHM nor 1HG..

the bumper on that halfcut didnt have the bumper recess, no fogs

oh yeah, it had only the drivers side airbag
                        Last edited by blizzard335; 05-24-2007, 10:58 AM.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                        Honda Accord Euro-R
                        Honda Odyssey Absolute
                        Honda City I-DSi
                        Honda Stream

Comment

Working...
                        X