WARNING! G-Square Bootlegs..... 56kers go make some popcorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a post of the link to the seller would be really helpful thanks
    .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

Originally posted by CBL
      yeah I bought a fake chargespeed before, it sucked lucky my g-square was legit. Sorry to hear man.
      Do you have another G-square grille? I imagine you got or had the same grille......

Yeah I seen a fake chargespeed on e-bay....however that looked very nice quality from the picture....I don't know about fitment though.
      I need a custom turbo manifold built....
      707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
      "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
      '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Hey check CBLs for sale thread. Its exactly like the one the seller sold me. Helllllla identical pics. Even the background. Iono if he even has a real grill or not. Not trying to flame but the pic is just too distinct to be out of a different camera. Sorry to flame but hey...

check this out and see if im trippen......
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...1&page=1&pp=20

and the sellers pic he had in the auction...

maybe im trippen... even the same home depot grill
        Last edited by Nocturnal CB7; 07-14-2006, 05:46 AM.

I am no longer using this forum name.
        You can find me as
        jdm_inspired...
        I'm starting all over again since I got another CB.

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

This is another pic.... this seems to be version #1 before the seller started trying to hide the glue by spraying it black.
          Last edited by Kurobei; 07-14-2006, 06:15 AM.
          707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
          '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

I hate people trying to scam. i would'nt feel so bad if the guy was actually selling quality shit, but he did not even put work into it. From me he gets a foot and half in the ass! Not cool!

Comment

There will always be fakes....ya just gotta be a smart shopper. There are copies out everywhere in the import scene. As more and more people over seas realize how much money can be made off all of us car enthusiasts there will be replicas made for the high money making items we all strive to get.

I've seen replicas on ebay of the grills pictured, also there was some guy in thailand that was selling a "carbon fiber" gsquare replica as well as a replica flushmount. Most would think they are real.....but they were replicas.

There was a member that posted his new grill on here not too long ago and I said it looked fake.... but he assured me it wasn't because the seller told him it was real. These are the people that get screwed.

Gsquares have been out of production for some time now and if you see one with new stickers and looks new chances are its a fake. Like other members said if it sounds to good to be true ....it is.

If you want to save money then buy the fake stuff....but I compare fake stuff to the real like i'd compare oem parts to aftermarket....YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR (fitment and quality).

Good thread....Good heads up......BUT.....you'll never stop sellers selling fakes!!
              ________
              Yamaha Psr-S500 History
              Last edited by accord4thgen; 05-12-2011, 11:04 AM.
              無限WESTCOAST FUKINWITCHU ACCORD4THGEN 1990 CB7 Coupe無限

Comment

Originally posted by accord4thgen
                There will always be fakes....ya just gotta be a smart shopper. There are copies out everywhere in the import scene. As more and more people over seas realize how much money can be made off all of us car enthusiasts there will be replicas made for the high money making items we all strive to get.

I've seen replicas on ebay of the grills pictured, also there was some guy in thailand that was selling a "carbon fiber" gsquare replica as well as a replica flushmount. Most would think they are real.....but they were replicas.

There was a member that posted his new grill on here not too long ago and I said it looked fake.... but he assured me it wasn't because the seller told him it was real. These are the people that get screwed.

Gsquares have been out of production for some time now and if you see one with new stickers and looks new chances are its a fake. Like other members said if it sounds to good to be true ....it is.

If you want to save money then buy the fake stuff....but I compare fake stuff to the real like i'd compare oem parts to aftermarket....YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR (fitment and quality).

Good thread....Good heads up......BUT.....you'll never stop sellers selling fakes!!
                Heehee I remember seeing that on e-bay but actually I think that was a legit G-square grille but just wrapped in carbon fiber.... The flushmount is not a replica and turns out to be a 90-91 Kamanari flushmount just wrapped in carbon fiber. I still have pics of the carbon G-square somewhere and by no means it looks like that junk that e-bayer was selling. The tab is on the bottom where it belongs and also the mesh is correct.... not the home-depot stuff.

Maybe the person who owns that particular G-square can comfirm this? Probably a member on this msg board.
                707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Found them!

If that indeed is a replica, then that replica was made perfect..... Whoever fabbed the one that other seller is selling was probably drunk or high to fix the middle mounting tab in the roof of the grill.
                  707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                  '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei
                    Found them!

If that indeed is a replica, then that replica was made perfect..... Whoever fabbed the one that other seller is selling was probably drunk or high to fix the middle mounting tab in the roof of the grill.
                    hey i want that fake one over mine....wow. lets trade pplz lol

You can find me as
                    jdm_inspired...

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

damn!!! that looks really good.. i am guessing its an ebay link since it has a little camera at the right hand corner. I couldnt find them tho.

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02
                        damn!!! that looks really good.. i am guessing its an ebay link since it has a little camera at the right hand corner. I couldnt find them tho.
                        haha its an old pic kurob found

You can find me as
                        jdm_inspired...

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

Hmm 5 people on this board seem to own a replica now..... and 1 more may be reporting it to e-bay pretty soon .... Maybe it'll put a end to the fakes or lower his prices anyways.
                          707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                          '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei
                            Hmm 5 people on this board seem to own a replica now..... and 1 more may be reporting it to e-bay pretty soon .... Maybe it'll put a end to the fakes or lower his prices anyways.
                            Is there 5 foreal?

members speak out.... get your money back!!!

You can find me as
                            jdm_inspired...

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

I don't think that $150 is too much for a replica, however I too would be pissed since he is selling it as an OG grille. I'd probably spend 150 on a chargespeed replica the same quality as the knockoff you guys have bought.....it's not that much work to re-fiberglass the mounting tab and some aluminum tabs for the grille.....

Now I have an OEM flushmount that i'd probably be willing to trade for that CF wrapped g square...replica or not....Wishful thinking, huh?

Member's Ride

Comment

shyt I knew it was coming....
                                I stopped selling them on Ebay a year or so ago because I knew some mofo would make fakes after they found out how much they went for.
                                I know I sold real ones. If it's coming out of Asia and not from Japan shyt, would think twice about it

Comment

Working...
                                X