jdm sidemarkers - yay or nay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jdm sidemarkers - yay or nay

Well i've been pondering of getting a christmas present for myself this year. And i like the look of the sidemarkers, but i just can't convince myself to a yes or no answer. They are pretty cheap in price these days.
    a 1 second chop lol -

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
    www.maketradefair.com

i say yes i love black with the orange sidemarkers and corners thats why im painting my coupe black.lol
    im finally back in a cb7 its like coming home.lol
    93 ex accord coupe h22 SOLD
    90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
    91 se accord 4 door SOLD
    92 lx accord coupe SOLD
    93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
    92 ex accord 4 door h22 SOLD
    93 ex accord 4 door auto SOLD
    92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

Yes the orange sidemarkers look hot on a black car as well as the orange bumper lights and corners

Comment

hmm only concern is, does the hole you make ever start to rust?

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
        www.maketradefair.com

Comment

I love the look of them. Sooo I say yes also...Thats a good question about rusting though..
          -josh

Comment

i say yes

"Tucking tires and wires."
            The Chronicles.

Comment

I definitely love the contrast between black and amber

As for the rusting part....What I did with mine last time was...Well, right after I cut the hole, I jus sanded down the edges to make it smooth, and then used some OEM honda touch-up paint on them....It's been two years, no problem whatsoever, still looking stock as ever

G'luck with the project bro, don't forget to post some pics once you're done!

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Yes, because they flow with your scheme (amber corners/bumpers/tails not clear). If you had clear corners, then I'd say no.

But yes, just paint all your edges of the bare metal and you should see no rust at all.

Comment

lude if u want a set ill chuck em in with the belts for free man

Comment

I say go for it and yes rust will occur not from the outside but from within from under the chasis when snow reels its ugly head salt follows and eats through remember that. May wanna hit it up with a couple of coats just to see wassup.

Comment

I'd say go for it looks great

I don't have a problem with rust, but what I did was, after the hole was completed, I put touch-up paint around the hole, let it dry, then polish and wax the area good. Never a problem and I've been through 2 bad snowy winters with them.

However, be super duper careful when making the holes, it's so effin easy to warp the metal/fiberglass...when I repaint my car I'm just gonna get jdm fenders because mine are already messed up, even after 2 attempts

My members ride thread

Comment

what color would look better on a white car if i have clears i'm thinking clear but they are harder to find... Would the sidemarkers fit from a 94-97 accord
                        R.I.P. 92 Honda Accord EX Coupe 02/09/2005
                        R.I.P. 92 Honda Accord LX Coupe 03/15/2006

Comment

i've had a set sittin in my door panel for about a month now. was going to do the usual suspect and mount them in the fender. but after a lil plannin, im going to mount them in another area that i have not seen done yet. just have to get off my ass and do it......

Comment

Working...
                          X