Can my PFM's be saved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can my PFM's be saved?

I was taking apart my PFM's yesterday to swap them into my USDM housings (so I didn't have to paint them, and I noticed the car had been hit and the mirrors had been replaced, kinda. And then this happened

They had been fixed once before with something that looked like JB Weld. That's the pivot point of the spot too

try plastic welding it?

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17
      if its metal you could weld it, if its plastic, you could find a shop that does metal fabrication, and have them make you a metal peice to replace it
      thats a good fuggin idea

"Tucking tires and wires."
      The Chronicles.

Comment

I believe it's metal...Mine is actually broken too (passenger side) oddly enough, the way mine broke looks almost exactly like the one on Mike's pics above...

I never actually pry open my PFM tho....It was already broken when I received them....That's why my passenger side mirror is sagging a bit...Still works fine tho, it still folds and unfolds no problem...I jus wish I have enough guts to pry it open and try to actually fix it...

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

I picked up some JB Weld last night...I'm gonna attempt to reset them with that. I'll keep you guys updated on them.

Comment

Working...
          X