pwr foldin mirrors info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pwr foldin mirrors info

ok...so i jus found out what powerfolding mirrors are...now my question is where is the button you press so that they fold...any pics anyone?? also anyone got aftermarket mirros, which are goo....show mee pics of whatever you got

mods- if i posted in the wrong spot sorry, im sorta new to forums n ish!

Re: pwr foldin mirrors info

Originally posted by 92accordlxtuner
    mods- if i posted in the wrong spot sorry, im sorta new to forums n ish!
    well with almost 200 posts, i would think that you'd know where the appearance>jdm forum is by now

i'll move it for you..

Comment

they fold in with the touch of a botton. look at picture

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
      www.maketradefair.com

Comment

That is a seriously mint switch right there...

Good schtuff...
        RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

thats how mint my switch is looks just as mint like it just came out of the wrapper

www.maketradefair.com

Comment

Originally posted by 97Lude
            thats how mint my switch is looks just as mint like it just came out of the wrapper
            but the switch shown in the pic isn't for our cars correct? the shape looks off and the corners are too sharp. eh maybe i'm trippin .
            1cor10:31
            - 92 LX coupe
            - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

its not, cause the switch for ours has the folding button on the left side of the mirror control, where that one has it on the right.
              OS^e
              1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

yeah its not for a cb7. I deleted the pics of my switch so i looked for the most mint honda/acura swicth on ebay. I forget what that one is for..civic maybe

www.maketradefair.com

Comment

ya I believe that is for a 96+ civic...
                  OS^e

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

Re: Re: pwr foldin mirrors info

Originally posted by accordtunerx
                    well with almost 200 posts, i would think that you'd know where the appearance>jdm forum is by now

i'll move it for you..
                    sorry dude...if you look at the date i signed up...youll see im new...im jus a post whore!

so im guessing you install folding mirrors, and run wire to harness at the switch...so i also have to buy a switch, and replace my oem one? correct?

how much does that (or the correct, cb7) switch cost? and is it as easy as it seems?
                    Last edited by 92accordlxtuner; 11-04-2004, 05:30 PM.

Comment

on top of having the switch, you need the relay box for the mirrors as well. if you don't have the factory relay box, SPDT relays work as well. (check http://www.the12volt.com/relays/relays.asp for more info). i personally don't know how to use SPDT relays for this job. it's best to try and find a factory relay box (from any jdm honda car since they are all the same). here is all the info you need.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...folding+mirror

here is what the real cb mirror switch looks like. there is supposed to be that folding mirror icon on the button but it was rubbed off from too much use.
                      Attached Files
                      - 92 LX coupe
                      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                        . it's best to try and find a factory relay box (from any jdm honda car since they are all the same).
                        Actually they aren't. There's a 5-wire relay box and there is a 7-wire. They both will however work and you'll have two wires left over on the 7-wire. But for ease of install and to make using your diagram easier you should try to get a 5-wire relay box.

I ended up using a 7-wire for mine since I couldn't get my hands on a 5-wire, If someone needs help with that PM me.
                        My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

good shyeeet guys!

Comment

hey thats my switch!
                            OS^e

My Members Ride's Thread

Comment

Originally posted by BustedLX
                              Actually they aren't. There's a 5-wire relay box and there is a 7-wire. They both will however work and you'll have two wires left over on the 7-wire. But for ease of install and to make using your diagram easier you should try to get a 5-wire relay box.

I ended up using a 7-wire for mine since I couldn't get my hands on a 5-wire, If someone needs help with that PM me.
                              oops i learn something new everyday. thanks for the correction BustedLX.
                              - 92 LX coupe
                              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Working...
                              X