Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of things can go on here....

Yes those are usdm style foglights.....

Really there are lots of honest mixups on e-bay. The foglights u displayed are in fact "USDM" spec to us...but maybe they really aren't in other peoples eyes??

I think this has to do with where the accord was produced. I've seen pictures of CB's from taiwan on e-bay that have usdm looking fogs and two piece headlamps much like the JDM LHD coupes of japan....

Remember these LHD coupes and sedans that were produced here in the US and set to Japan, featured a 2-piece headlamp design with authentic stanley clear corners? I wouldn't be surprised if the customers that probably got these LHD versions got the US-spec foglights as well.

So this story will hold true if some e-bay seller got these CB parts from a Japanese exporter. Essentially it's still a true JDM accord...but has a American background.

As far as the clear+amber lower turn signal lamps, I believe that these were probably just a rare dress up feature and don't necessarily just come on the higher end CB models 2.0Si,Si-T.
    I've seen these on the weakest CB1's with the all mighty F18a motor.

In japan I also noticed 92-96 preludes have weird variations of their bumper lamps too. There is all amber, clear+amber and half amber/clear.

To wrap things up, I believe it all depends where that specific accord originated. A seller that sells something on e-bay doesn't know the whole history of the car parts he/she is selling.

If I were an importer in the China and I just recieved my container full of "JDM" parts. Although I didn't know it, some japanese guy imported a real European Accord Type-R orignally from Finland and crashed it.... but some of the parts are in my container..... You see where this is leading? I can post a ad on e-bay selling the H22a7 motor saying it's a j-spec.

Maybe this CB7 was born here, died in japan and was exported to a parts distributor in taiwan.
    I need a custom turbo manifold built....
    707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
    "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
    '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

I agree kurobei. There are MANY people on ebay that sell "JDM" parts but MANY are truly USDM parts.

Like take for intsance a set of headlights that were on there. They were a 2 piece design and the guy kept swearing up and down they were JDM headlamps due to it coming off a car from japan.But I said the same thing you did about the car being built here and exported to japan.

You have to do a lot of research before you go looking for JDM stuff cause most of the time you end up with USDM or EDM parts.

Back to the subject.
      "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
      sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
      Did work for: jhoff_cb7
      Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

there is a 2 piece design headlight in japan for the accord 2dr and the wagon .. they donot come with bumps on the lights and also not 9006 it is h series bulbs .. and has a diff glare to it since its rhd .. so yeah they are jdm 2 piece also .. you mighted gotten confused or never herd of them before ..
        "LAND OF THE GREAT"!! OSAKA,JAPAN

Comment

Originally posted by accord_inspire
          there is a 2 piece design headlight in japan for the accord 2dr and the wagon .. they donot come with bumps on the lights and also not 9006 it is h series bulbs .. and has a diff glare to it since its rhd .. so yeah they are jdm 2 piece also .. you mighted gotten confused or never herd of them before ..
          hmmm i know of this 2-piece you talk about! i have them on my car LOL!

JDM two-piece headlights (H4/H1) and nipple-less

rhd flare included!

back to the subject at hand, thanks a bunch kurobei and inspire for the knowledge. yeah i knew some cars were exported to japan from the us. the seller who sold those fogs and bumper lenses was from hong kong, so this explains a lot. i also remember from the taiwanese cb owners that their cars have a mix both jdm and usdm parts. i am aware that some ludes have all amber or half amber bumper lenses. i even know that there are CLEAR stanley-made oem jdm sidemarkers on the preludes (maybe on the 97+). can you find some for me accord_inspire? thanks again guys!
          1cor10:31
          - 92 LX coupe
          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

i forgot to ask if JDM 92-93 fogs have/need that rubber liner. do they? i've heard somewhere that they don't due to the curvature. clarify this for me please!
            - 92 LX coupe
            - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

tim your stuff got shipped .. 2-3 days .. yes the jdm fogs do have the rubber seals mines have em ..
              "LAND OF THE GREAT"!! OSAKA,JAPAN

Comment

Some JDM bumpers don't use them

I guess I'm a lucky one then.....mine don't have any use for them. Accords in Japan that were custom ordered with the foglight option had pre-made perfect factory cut holes. The main purpose of the molding was for bumpers that didn't come standard with these. The whole purpose of the molding is to hide the imperfections of cutting the foglight bumper hole.
                707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Re: Some JDM bumpers don't use them

Originally posted by Kurobei
                  I guess I'm a lucky one then.....mine don't have any use for them. Accords in Japan that were custom ordered with the foglight option had pre-made perfect factory cut holes. The main purpose of the molding was for bumpers that didn't come standard with these. The whole purpose of the molding is to hide the imperfections of cutting the foglight bumper hole.
                  thanks for confirming kurobei that JDM fogs didn't need the rubber liner. i'm going to be the first one with USDM fogs without that liner. my cuttting will be near-perfect if not perfect !

but if i do make it fugly, can i buy the liner from the dealer, just as i would with the switch? they do sell it seperately but i don't know about availability.
                  - 92 LX coupe
                  - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Re: Re: Some JDM bumpers don't use them

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                    thanks for confirming kurobei that JDM fogs didn't need the rubber liner. i'm going to be the first one with USDM fogs without that liner. my cuttting will be near-perfect if not perfect !

but if i do make it fugly, can i buy the liner from the dealer, just as i would with the switch? they do sell it seperately but i don't know about availability.
                    I'm not sure about the dealer since even switches for our cars are discontinued thats why the 94-97's are another option but, you can get these rubber linings on the honda parts websites like majestic honda that still have old stock. They still have these in stock last time i browsed.
                    707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                    '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

anyone know the difference between the wagon bracket and the sedan bracket. the tab all the way to the outside of the fog is different on both. one is short and the other is tall and sitcks out

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
                      JDM H22
                      Port n Polished Int Mani
                      Bored TB, maxed
                      MSD 6A
                      I/H/E
                      no cat
                      [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

im curious as well....as i have found a pair of fogs off a wagon for sale. BUMP!

178 whp and 148 torque (mustang dyno)
                        14.8 @ 93 in 1/4 mile-in Accord
                        ??.? @ ?? in 1/4 mile-in Civic

Comment

Originally posted by acch22
                          anyone know the difference between the wagon bracket and the sedan bracket. the tab all the way to the outside of the fog is different on both. one is short and the other is tall and sitcks out
                          i never seen one in person so i can't compare. i would imagine they do differ as their bumpers differ. even the stock usdm fogs don't quite fit right, according to the DIY here. see step 5 where "for some reason the top two corner screw holes didnt line up". i guess you'll never know until you try.
                          - 92 LX coupe
                          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

is the 2nd foglight (USDM) upside down?

do the fogs have a glass or plastic lens?

i have found plenty of pics with 92-93 with them, but no 90-91. if anyone has them on the 90-93, please post a pic of what it looks like.

are the different ones for different years? later.
                            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

2nd(USDM) front and top view..

mines are USDM 89-91 on a 91 bumper

yes, they are specific for the type/year of bumper you have..

Comment

here is another style y'all havent seen too much, mayb ukaccord has, it is an edm one

Last edited by tommi; 06-30-2010, 03:46 PM.
                                <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Working...
                                X