headrest/4 point harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

headrest/4 point harness

hey has anyone replaced their headrest with the type of headrest that has a opening in the middle and installed a 4 point harness through it? as in two of the shoulder straps go into the headrest opening?

i know i've seen it in some cars but has anyone done it with their cb? i want to do that but i dont know what type of headrest i should buy. anyone got any ideas?

"You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive."

I don't know the answer to your question. But I do have a question, do you have a harness bar? I ask this because if you don't and loop it over the seat (or through the headrest) and bolt it directly to the floor, you run the risk of compressing your spine in a wreck. Just thought I'd warn you in case you didn't know about that.
    Originally posted by 92dm
    I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
    VOUCHES
    Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

ive got a 4 point harness

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
      Originally posted by deevergote.
      But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by bluecb7
        I don't know the answer to your question. But I do have a question, do you have a harness bar? I ask this because if you don't and loop it over the seat (or through the headrest) and bolt it directly to the floor, you run the risk of compressing your spine in a wreck. Just thought I'd warn you in case you didn't know about that.
        yeah i know what your talking about i dont have the 4 point harness yet. but i was planning on getting the harness bar. i remember watching something on TV saying that i should get a harness bar and stuff. but thanx for looking out

Comment

if u arent going to get a harness bar and don't care if you cant carry people in the back, you can tie the harnesses into the rear seat-belt locations and still be safe. those give you enough angle to not compress your back in a collision. as far as through the headrests (like a 90-93 teg headrest) that would be good.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

o0h sweet thanx i was wondering what year integ the headrest would fit 4 the cb

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
              if u arent going to get a harness bar and don't care if you cant carry people in the back, you can tie the harnesses into the rear seat-belt locations and still be safe. those give you enough angle to not compress your back in a collision. as far as through the headrests (like a 90-93 teg headrest) that would be good.
              thats what i did, i bolted the two top straps to the folding rear seat bracket. also custom made some brackets that went out of the mounting locations for the two lower straps.

the two lower straps were not at my waist and wanted to ride up my stomach so i tookt he thing out
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                thats what i did, i bolted the two top straps to the folding rear seat bracket. also custom made some brackets that went out of the mounting locations for the two lower straps.

the two lower straps were not at my waist and wanted to ride up my stomach so i tookt he thing out
                do you have pics of the way you mounted the two top straps?

Comment

unfortunately i cant find the pics...
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

dose anyone know how to install the 4-point harness? or is their a thread about this? because i cant find any. im still confused how to install the back harness

Comment

Working...
                    X