Rear seat fabric removable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear seat fabric removable?

I'm wondering if the fabric on top of the rear seat can be removed, or separated from the actual structure and foam part of the seat. I'm hoping that if the fabric can come off, then I can use some RIT color dye to make it black. If anyone who knows could tell me I'd really appreciate it.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Bump

Comment

Yah, you can get it off, but youll never get it back on unless your an upholsterer. Pull the rear seats and take a look, I think If I remeber correctly its stapled and glued around the edges to hold tention. Its not that hard to get the rear seats out to take a look. like 1 bolt for the bottom and 2 for the top.

You could always:

Get the egay seat covers and dye/buy the color you want. Or another method would be to track down a dead cb7 in a junk yard with the color seats you want.

I understand dye is cheap, but ruining your seats with a bad dye job and poor installation is alot more expencive to fix.
      Last edited by Akira_kj; 03-31-2007, 02:48 PM.
      I cant Slam further. The ground refuses to get any lower.

Comment

Allright thanks, so it does come off....but why wouldn't I be able to get it back on? I mean I know its a tight fit, but it seems like it would go on with enough persuasion.

Comment

are you talking about the rear deck (where the speaers and 3rd light are), the carpet on the back of the seat, or the actual cloth of the seat itself? the first two can be removed and reinstalled fairly easily, but if it is the seat cloth itself, you'll need an upholsterer.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Im talking about the fabric on the seat itself. I took the rear seat out, and the cloth actually comes off pretty easily, except for two hooks or something in the middle between the cloth and the foam. I may have been able to take it all the way off, but I didn't have time to mess with it, so I put it back on for now.

Comment

Working...
            X