Help: ITR Steering Wheel Installation Steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help: ITR Steering Wheel Installation Steps

Hey everyone, this thread is a plea for some help installing an ITR steering wheel into our cars. I know a whole bunch of people have ITR steering wheels, however, I have not seen anyone get their horn button to work.

Can anyone who has successfully done this swap please describe the installation steps and the methods used to hook up the horn button. Appreciate the help.

I took apart my ITR steering wheel and this is what it looks like inside. The horn button is a simple click swith with two wires...looks simple enough.

Last edited by lokuputha; 01-08-2007, 05:28 PM.
    DEVOTE

Well if I remember the horn works when grounded. For the wire make a lil clip (like on some aftermarket steering wheels) that supports it and when you press down the center when the wire touches metal it should go off. Dunno if that made any sense.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ok...will try that ...anyone with installation pictures?
      DEVOTE

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Originally posted by willie_hwl
          Any updates?

haha forgot I ever made this thread...cool....give me a week and i'll have it going ...at home now so the tools are a plenty
          DEVOTE

Comment

how much was the itr wheel?

SOLD!!
            Boosted H22
            375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb
              how much was the itr wheel?
              Mine was 149.00 shipped from Yokohama, Japan; private seller, cheap price I guess. I've seen them a lot more expensive in North American shops.
              DEVOTE

Comment

Working...
              X