Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Width of Integra headrests

Hi all,

Can someone with Integra headrests possibly measure/compare the width of them to the stock headrests?

My mom doesn't like the headrests in her car and says they're too wide, so she's having trouble backing up. She wanted to get rid of them altogether, but I just don't feel that's safe.

I know my old Integra headrests were narrower than the stock ones, but i don't remember by how much. I just want to see if it would be a good alternative to what's already in there.

I'm partial to the older headrests (86-89, like mine) or 90-93 ones, just for availability reasons.

I know this sounds like a weird request, but thanks in advance.

Need the length of 3rd Gen Integra headrest dimensions? I can easily run out and take some measurements.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18
      Need the length of 3rd Gen Integra headrest dimensions? I can easily run out and take some measurements.
      3rds could work as well...the hard thing is that the local j-yard never has DC2's...but from what I remember the DA and DC headrests are similary sized.

Sure, any dimension helps.

Comment

I'll do this right now too, I'll measure my stock CB ones and my G2 ones. Also, Mike, what color would these need to be for your mom's car (I don't know off the top of my head)? I know of several G2's and even some G3's w/ diff. color interiors/headrests, LMK.

Dan

EDIT:
        CB headrests: bottom: 11 1/4" (across)
        top: 10 1/4 (across)
        height @ center: 7"

DA headrests: bottom: 11"
        top: about 7 1/2 - 8"
        height @ center: 8"

So, slightly narrower @ bottom, narrower @ top, but yet taller, and the "hole" would def. help w/ visibility
        Last edited by Granite CB7; 11-28-2006, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7
          I'll do this right now too, I'll measure my stock CB ones and my G2 ones. Also, Mike, what color would these need to be for your mom's car (I don't know off the top of my head)? I know of several G2's and even some G3's w/ diff. color interiors/headrests, LMK.

Dan

EDIT:
          CB headrests: bottom: 11 1/4" (across)
          top: 10 1/4 (across)
          height @ center: 7"

DA headrests: bottom: 11"
          top: about 7 1/2 - 8"
          height @ center: 8"

So, slightly narrower @ bottom, narrower @ top, but yet taller, and the "hole" would def. help w/ visibility
          Thanks Dan, that's exactly what I needed to know. It will be narrower, which will be perfect for her.

My mom's interior is maroon...but I don't think they put that color in the Teg...so ideally anything dark...like really really dark grey or black would work.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
            Thanks Dan, that's exactly what I needed to know. It will be narrower, which will be perfect for her.

My mom's interior is maroon...but I don't think they put that color in the Teg...so ideally anything dark...like really really dark grey or black would work.
            Gotcha, I also don't believe there were maroon DA/DC interiors! I go junkyarding every weekend, I believe I know of afew DA's w/ that dark charcoal interior, I could let you know what I find, and that's if you don't have access to them @ the yards near you! Heck, you're very DIY oriented, maybe wrap them in maroon fabric after Just a thought

Comment

isuzu headrests from pickup trucks work as well. Ranging from the late 80 to early 90's
              thats what I am using now plus if you have leather interior you can find the sturdy fake leather ones in burgandy and grey.
              WHY ARE HURRICANES NAMED AFTER WOMEN? CUZ WHEN THEY CUM , THEY ARE WET AND WILD AND WHEN THEY LEAVE... THEY TAKE YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR MONEY....!

Comment

Working...
              X