Door Locks .. Powered ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door Locks .. Powered ....

On the LX .. (or all powered CB's) we can physicaly push down to lock all the doors ..
    except for the drivers door .. thats kina a kewl way to make sure no one ever locks
    their keys in the car .. but ... those plastic locks themselves .. do they unscrew?

Just how do those come off ? I'm curious because .. I'm about to swap in some tan ones
    to replace my puky gray ones .. but I have'nt received all 4 yet ..

Anyone ever replace them in the past?

Thanks ..
    Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Uhh .. Helloooo? Is this thing working ...???
    ***Tapping on Microphone*** ..
    Anyone Home? 10 views on this thread .. and no one knows ? Hmmmmm
    Come to think of it .. this is a part you NEVER see for sale on eBay ..
    I wonda whyyy ??

Free air guitars to all who can tell me how to remove a door lock ...
    Uncle El?
    Mickie?
    Ummm .. Deev?

A Hui Hou !!!
    Tomi
    Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 06-03-2006, 05:37 PM.

Comment

umm yea, m 50/50 on this one cause i never paid much attention to it.. it's either you unscrew it or you unclip the whole thing with the short metal rod..
      Last edited by casterX; 06-03-2006, 05:42 PM.

Comment

i think it does unclip...pretty sure it doesnt unscrew....ive looked at them when i had the doors panels off and it looked like it was attached to an assem....so im not sure...sorry.

Comment

Thanks guys .. nice to know that someone out there realizes I'm not invisible ..lol
          Umm .. thats why I asked .. I had my panels off recently and I noticed they looked a bit
          difficult to dis-assemble ... *sigh* .. I found a guy that has all 4 locks in tan,
          I just cant bring myself to ask him if he knows how to remove them ..

Hope he does'nt have too hard of a time, and ends up breaking something .. like I would..
          It certainly is a part you never ever see on ebay tho .. gotta be some kina reason for that.

A Hui Hou !!!
          Tomi
          Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 06-03-2006, 06:36 PM.

Comment

umm, yeah. they unscrew from the rod, make sure you count how many times you turn each one, otherwise they will end up at different heights.
            http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

yeah they unscrew cuz i took mine off to prep for paint

RIP lilblue

Comment

and if you want to lock you driver's door from the inside while it's open...... pull the interrior door handle like you're opening the door and while it's up push the lock.

Comment

Originally posted by 90accords
                  and if you want to lock you driver's door from the inside while it's open...... pull the interrior door handle like you're opening the door and while it's up push the lock.
                  OMG !!! I just went out and tried that .. DOH ! Just when you thought you knew
                  most everything there was to know about your door panels .. .. wow ..
                  Thanks man .. lmao .. not that I'll ever do that, and or .. I did'nt believe you .. umm ...
                  I just had to try that ..

And lilbluecb7 along with SSMAccord .. thanks .. So they do unscrew huhhh ??
                  Coolness .. Mine must be on with some kina super locktite super glue or something ..

I'll try the simple pressure that a pair of pliers or a vice-grip might have .. hmmm

Thanks again guys .. I had visions of these things being shipped to me .. still attached
                  to these 2 and a half foot rods .. lol ..

A Hui Hou !!!
                  Tomi

Comment

I've got access to a tan interior at the junkyard, do you still need them?
                    (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
                    Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
                    My (old) Ride

Comment

Spartan1987 .. you've been PM'd ..

A Hui Hou !!!
                      Tomi

Comment

PM returned
                        (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
                        Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
                        My (old) Ride

Comment

pakalolo, looks like the question's pretty much been answered, but here's some info for others:

at least for 92/93's, coupes and sedans are slightly different.

coupes do not have tabs at the top of the door that are visible from outside of the car, as the lock "tab" is at the interior door handle.

sedans have tabs at the top of the door that are visible from outside of the car, and the tab is not at the interior door handle.

since both locks are different, the rods on the inside are different shaped and different lenghts. of course, the doors of a sedan are also slightly shorter than those of a coupe as well.

suffice to say, if you have a sedan and want locks and/or door handles, get them from a sedan. and if you have a coupe, get them from a coupe.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

they definately unscrew and i noted mine was 5 full turns...
                            '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                            EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Originally posted by mrvinyl33
                              they definately unscrew and i noted mine was 5 full turns...
                              Wow .. Now that's precise 411 right there ..

Mahalo's !!!
                              Tomi

Comment

Working...
                              X